The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
So Europe gets the Evora Sports Racer (SR) model -the rest of the world does not. What's the main difference, and if you wanted to recreate the SR starting with a standard Evora, what would it take? :confused:

Cheers.
Evora Sports Racer | Lotus Cars
I'd say the link you provide has a pretty good description of what makes an SR and SR...that's what you'd need to do with a standard Evora. Sounds like a different ecu/tune, different brakes, different difuser, and the rest pretty much cosmetics (including limited to four colors).

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't see anything to denote a tune. Looks like a normal car with some cosmetic changes. Black out your roof, under your doors, and your rims and you are mostly there.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
SR is an option pack - basically its a bundle of options priced cheaper than if they were added separately. It's available on N/A and S models.

The SR is essentially a fully loaded Evora with what the US market calls the black pack - so the car can technically be purchased here, it's just not called a Sports Racer.

The only difference in the SR and a US Evora is that the SR has the motorsport interior with an alcantara dash band, which can't be combined here - the upgraded US interiors are either the full leather motorsport interior (with some optional alcantara trim - gaiters and pockets) or the full suedetek but not them combined like in the SR.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sounds like a different ecu/tune, different brakes, different difuser, and the rest pretty much cosmetics (including limited to four colors).
that's just the breakdown of the included packs which are readily available here.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
SR is an option pack - basically its a bundle of options priced cheaper than if they were added separately. It's available on N/A and S models.

The SR is essentially a fully loaded Evora with what the US market calls the black pack - so the car can technically be purchased here, it's just not called a Sports Racer.

The only difference in the SR and a US Evora is that the SR has the motorsport interior with an alcantara dash band, which can't be combined here - the upgraded US interiors are either the full leather motorsport interior (with some optional alcantara trim - gaiters and pockets) or the full suedetek but not them combined like in the SR.

+1 with the exception that the interior is a combination of the premium pack sport with the suede tex interior and can be ordered that way here in the US. I have an Aspen White w/Ebony black interior, black pack with the premium pack sport AND suede tex Evora S IPS...looks :drool:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Abe, is that a recent option over here?

I know someone that tried to order a contrasting leather interior last year and they were told it couldn't be done - although that wasn't the premium sport or suede tex, they were looking for an 11 type interior.

He went with the regular suede tex and it looks awesome so I'm sure the combo is :drool: in person

·
Registered
43 Posts
Abe, is that a recent option over here?

I know someone that tried to order a contrasting leather interior last year and they were told it couldn't be done - although that wasn't the premium sport or suede tex, they were looking for an 11 type interior.

He went with the regular suede tex and it looks awesome so I'm sure the combo is :drool: in person
Correct, only the premium pack sport colors have the offset stitching. For example:

• Imperial Blue w/black stitching and piping
  • Ebony Black w/red stitching and piping
  • Venom Red w/Black stitching and piping
  • Cocoa Brown w/black stitching and piping (I think)

You cannot get (at least from Lotus) contrast stitching on

• Cognac Brown
  • Ivory White
  • Basic leather

The reasoning being is these seats are bought off the shelf straight from Recaro.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
I don't see anything to denote a tune. Looks like a normal car with some cosmetic changes. Black out your roof, under your doors, and your rims and you are mostly there.
It references the Sports Pack which has a different rev limit and faster throttle response. Isnt that a 'tune?'

·
Registered
81 Posts
Correct, only the premium pack sport colors have the offset stitching. For example:

• Imperial Blue w/black stitching and piping
  • Ebony Black w/red stitching and piping
  • Venom Red w/Black stitching and piping
  • Cocoa Brown w/black stitching and piping (I think)

You cannot get (at least from Lotus) contrast stitching on

• Cognac Brown
  • Ivory White
  • Basic leather

The reasoning being is these seats are bought off the shelf straight from Recaro.
No more imperial blue and Cocoa Brown within the European Konfigurator.....(I guess that Colors were not ordered that much......I have to know.....as I have ordered the imp blue, very satisfied but never saw an Evora in Europe with the imp blue int, only pics of cars from the US)

·
Registered
81 Posts
It references the Sports Pack which has a different rev limit and faster throttle response. Isnt that a 'tune?'
That has nothimng to do with the "sports Racer" it is just the consequence if you push the "Sport"-button on the left side of the dash...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts