The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So did some random calculations today and being my current DD is about to be paid in full Im that much closer to getting an elise. Just have to sell my 02 Honda VTX1800R and bingo! By next summer I will have one. What I pay or was paying on these two are over what I would be paying for a $30k car. That in itself puts a big grin on my face. Just need to clear up some CC's and Im golden once again. Had to share in my excitment. Been too long since I was financially free to do as I want. Young and dumb once now finally older and wiser.

·
Registered
821 Posts
So did some random calculations today and being my current DD is about to be paid in full Im that much closer to getting an elise. Just have to sell my 02 Honda VTX1800R and bingo! By next summer I will have one. What I pay or was paying on these two are over what I would be paying for a $30k car. That in itself puts a big grin on my face. Just need to clear up some CC's and Im golden once again. Had to share in my excitment. Been too long since I was financially free to do as I want. Young and dumb once now finally older and wiser.
Congrats. hope everything works out as planned. Just try to keep yourself out of that hole in the future. Debt is a big PITA. being debt free is the only way to be (as I sit here with my student loans :sad: - unavoidable for me, but soon they will be gone!!!) - once they are BWR SC here I come.

I know the feeling, a light at the end of the tunnel is the best sight for sore eyes.

Put as much down on the Lotus as you can afford. many will say dont buy it until you can pay for it outright, but for some people that isn't a possibility in the near future, and I say if you want to do it, and the payment is low enough then go for it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. At this point think I'm going to take the winter and pay off all my debt. That is if my house sells.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah its been a long time coming and fortunately I still have a job that pays well. Things happen and Ive been un digging myself for too long. As long as the prices of used elises stick around $30k I will be good. I plan on keeping my current car for a winter car (subaru) and getting the elise for a summer car. I only have a couple CC with low amounts on them and Im debt free. I figure 8 months those will be gone then save up and put a good chunk down and have low car payments. As is a payment for a used lotus will be less than what Im paying now for my car and motorcycle. I definetely learned about CC the hard way but live and learn.

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
I only have a couple CC with low amounts on them and Im debt free. I figure 8 months those will be gone
I love seeing folks get into these cars, especially those who've wanted one for so long. Best of luck in your plans.

My two cents...credit cards that you figure will take 8 months to pay off wouldn't qualify, in my mind, as low balance cards.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My credit is near excellent so Im not worried about that. Id be getting a loan through my credit union whom Ive already spoken too. Like I said I could afford a $30k car now but Im doing the right thing and clearing all debts fisrt before I go get a new toy.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Super Exciting!

Isn't it a great feeling getting your finances in order? I am also learning as well, all due to the Lotus Elise that I have yet to buy, but want one soooo bad it hurts. I have a honda s2000 and GSX-R right now that I wish I did not have! Because it is only delaying me from getting a lotus... Combine the payments of both toys and I can afford the lotus!

I think If at all possible, I will sell the S2000, and get a beater car to drive for a year or so. That will allow me to save enough money to get a lotus w/ cash. but in reality to do it in that amount of time means pb and j lunch and dinners :panic:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Whats the specifics on the VTX, miles, condition etc. PM a great price and I might take it off your hands :wave:

Lane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts