The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a DE this weekend, and to my surprise and embarassment, completely wore the front brake pads down to the metal. Of course no AutoZone, PepBoys, Advance Auto, etc., had Lotus brake pads, so I bought cheap Chevy pads, traced the outline, and with a hacksaw cut off the friction material and epoxied it to the denuded Lotus backing plates. Got me home 450 miles! I don't recommend any one do this except in an emergency brought on by stupidity, that is, not bringing spare brakes to a track event. I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
488 Posts
...not bringing spare brakes to a track event. I won't make that mistake again.
Even better, check them regularly. Unless they were very, very worn before the HPDE, that must have been one heck of track day. :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
I always bring a extra set of brakepads with me to the track, you just never know how long they last. One set of KVR pads I purchased lasted 1 session & they were metal on rotors... of coarse that was the 1st and also last time I did not bring a extra set of pads with me.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I always bring a extra set of brakepads with me to the track, you just never know how long they last. One set of KVR pads I purchased lasted 1 session & they were metal on rotors... of coarse that was the 1st and also last time I did not bring a extra set of pads with me.
+1,000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts