The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Climate Change Report Warns of Dire Consequences

In light of the recently released report by the UN highlighting the dramatic effects and looming threat of global climate change, I decided today was the day to stop the talking and actually do something about it.

I went to my local Toyota dealership and traded in the Esprit on a three-year old beige Prius. The Prius has a lot of miles on it (over 100,000) but she runs pretty well. I'm going to miss the Lotus but I feel it's just time I made a change for the better. Good bye sweet Lotus mistress!

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
better be april fool's. :thwack:

·
Super Moderator
4,180 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The funny part is a 3 year old Prius is probably WORTH more than an 88 Esprit ;-)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I lol'ed good one!

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,111 Posts
I think if someone barfed on its hood that may be considered an improvement.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
April Fools! Well played!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
Yeah April Fools...rotfl

'Cause any REAL Lotus owner who wanted to go "electric" would buy a Honda CRZ, manual tranny and all...

(If you are doing a prank, at least make it plausible!) :thwack:

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
The couple of people that I know with Volts have had a ton of electrical issues over the winter. One shut down completely and refused to turn ignition on. The dealer swapped a ton of parts and it still acted up until the weather broke.

Beerman is probably better off with the Lotus. At least the forum has mastered all of the quirks with those.

·
Registered
576 Posts
So at the moment my daily driver is a 2009 Prius!

Actually a pretty efficient and reliable means of transportation.

I'm not sure I would call it a car, as it handles like a box with wheels.

It sort of fell in my lap last year and it allows me to save money to buy diesel for my boat which gets about 2 miles to the gallon and holds 360 gallons.....which is about what the Prius burns in a year.

And the boat isn't bothered by the rising sea levels that are caused by the farting cows.

So I got all the angles covered

Randy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts