The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about different mods to do inside the motor bay. Just replaced the oil cap with a cool looking billet aluminum one, now was wondering if anyone has ever painted the plastic Lotus plate that is bolted onto the top of the valve cover...If so, what kind of paint did you use since the only thing that appears to be out there that may work is Krylon Fusion? Will Krylon hold up to the heat? Would love to see any pics anyone has as well.

Thanks in advance...
Krug1

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I Vote FluxExigeS for the "blingiest" Lotus valve cover.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i used silver leafing, it came out very nice...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for all your help! Looks like I have my beer drinking project for the weekend!

Krug1:clap:

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
, now was wondering if anyone has ever painted the plastic Lotus plate that is bolted onto the top of the valve cover......
Thanks in advance...
Krug1
I don't recall anyone having ever painted one of these covers before.....sounds like a great idea though! -poke-

Seriously, just have Chuck paint yours and save the Krylon for another project. You will be amazed at his work and it really looks incredible.....he painted mine and now the rest of the paint on my car looks shabby in comparison.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
too bad reverie hasn't made one in carbon yet like the rover motor valve cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts