The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2011 Lotus Evora NA Carbon with Black Package on Feb 25 2012 new from St.Louis MotorSports.
Loved the car out of the box, but there were a few things missing
1. Sound - An aweful basic stereo
2. Sound Again - The quitest sportscar I have ever owned
3. Power - A lttle more power never hurts
4. Appearance. - needed some tint on the windows and maybe something else.

New Pioneer headunit with Morel Elate Speakes, Kenwood Subwoofer, backup camera, and a new amp
Will post a larger writeup on the new stereo system in another post. also got a BlackVue forward facing Camera recorder

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

Lotus Sports Exhaust with Titanium tips

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

Radiaum CAI this weekends project

IMG_0502.jpg

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Splitter protector. have to thank Bobsy for all his great work. I highly recomended addition
IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

Sorry forgot to take pictures of the tint. Will add this weekend

Now what can I do to her:panic:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The front lip protector looks really cool. Hopefully more will be made in the future as I would like to purchase one once my car arrives!
Did you look into trying to fit the back up cam elsewhere? The back up cam in the 2012 cars is tucked away into the body work. It's hidden from view really, really well.

The car looks great!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have been reading these various posts on this and other forums about 'enhancements' for the Evora and, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Evora's ECU do exactly like the Elise and Exige and eventually adapt to these 'enhancements'; ultimately detuning out the change?

So maybe, other than a change in sound, nothing really is gained from an intake or exaust change. In fact many intakes that first came out for the 2ZZ wound up inhibiting performance once the ECU adjusted or detuned out the mod.

·
Premium Member
6,244 Posts
Hello Vishus! Seems that the Evora ECU learns as long as it is better. On our 2ZZ's that motor wasn't the cleanest burner on the planet so it wasn't able to "keep" the info as usually mods made engine burn less clean. For example, the CAI by Radium seems to be sustained improvement because it was so restrictive it is probably improved the engine parameters. One of the guys here (RAMTIN)has done a bunch of mods and dyno pulls and his results are sustained.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I am envious of that sound system. Which Pioneer head unit have you?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I also had the stock speakers replaced with Morels!
Huge difference in sound!!
It is shameful what is used as stock.
While I had the back seat and door panels out I had them add about six pounds of sound deadening material. The cabin is now much quieter. No more sucking sound from the CAI or drone from the stage two.
While at the audio shop they fixed the sticking recalled door locks that I had been waiting for from Lotus! They thought it was something they did!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
How long did the door lock replacement take? My dealer says it is an all-day job. It won't cost me anything, but it's unfortunate to have to arrange for alternate transportation just for a door lock fix. Seems like it should be a 1-2 hour job.

I also had the stock speakers replaced with Morels!
Huge difference in sound!!
It is shameful what is used as stock.
While I had the back seat and door panels out I had them add about six pounds of sound deadening material. The cabin is now much quieter. No more sucking sound from the CAI or drone from the stage two.
While at the audio shop they fixed the sticking recalled door locks that I had been waiting for from Lotus! They thought it was something they did!!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am envious of that sound system. Which Pioneer head unit have you?
The Pioneer unit is the AVH-P8400BH . It just came out April 1st. Very nice interface, much better than my old AVIC Z120BT.
Touch screen is very responsive. Runs Navi off your iPohone through its "App Mode" Has a bunch of Apps I have yet to use, but love doing navigation at home and just plugging in my phone. has a DVD player, SD card slot, 2USB connections, Bluetooth, backup camera, HD Radio and more
AVH-P8400BH - <b>NEW!</b> - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Advanced App Mode, Built-In Bluetooth®, and HD Radio™ Tuner | Pioneer Electronics USA

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been reading these various posts on this and other forums about 'enhancements' for the Evora and, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Evora's ECU do exactly like the Elise and Exige and eventually adapt to these 'enhancements'; ultimately detuning out the change?

So maybe, other than a change in sound, nothing really is gained from an intake or exaust change. In fact many intakes that first came out for the 2ZZ wound up inhibiting performance once the ECU adjusted or detuned out the mod.
The sports exhaust is for sound only. really do not expect much of a gain without down pipe or headers.
The CAI has had some great reviews. I expect to get some power gain out of it. Looking at the stock airbox the car would have to get some improvement with the bigger straighter pipe intake.
Will report back after install of the CAI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts