The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a carryover from Serebo1's Australia thread on OT but for the Malaysia GP this coming Saturday (3/22). Race start time according to Speed is 11:30pm PST.

I can host this race at my place, but I'm also open to doing this elsewhere if someone else has a bigger venue that works. My condo is in the Koreatown area, on Wilshire and Western, across the Wiltern theater. TV is a 65" DLP, decent sound system, stocked mini-bar, and a crapload of beer left over from last weekend - Fat Tire, Hefe (don't ask, I didn't bring it), Bud Light, Corona, and Amstel Light. My building also has two gas grills on the rooftop if we want to do any late night grilling. The rooftop area with unobstructed city views makes for a good hangout spot before the race starts.

We can also use the secured parking garage for the building to park our cars - the building's over half empty and there are plenty of unused parking spaces.

In terms of capacity, I can hold as many people that were at Serebo1's house last weekend. If the group gets to over 15 people, I don't think my place can support it comfortably.

Thoughts?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
ARRRGGHHH.... I missed the first one....( on too late, and had to fly during the replay....and.... NO DVR ! )

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
ARRRGGHHH.... I missed the first one....( on too late, and had to fly during the replay....and.... NO DVR ! )
you didn't miss much, here's a brief synopsis:

1. LH dominated all race
2. Every one else looked terrible without t.c. to rely on
3. Less than half the field finished
4. Ferrari didn't finish a car
5. Kimi (defending champion) had an unexplainable fascination with the gravel
6. Several crew members were ran over
7. F1 dropped the ball on several black flags

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone wants to swing by for this race, PM me for address and phone #.

Pre-race drinking festivities will probably start around 10pm, I might throw something on the grill during that time as well.

·
Registered
890 Posts
really wish I can be there. Still stuck in NYC for another week and a half. have a great time and I'll be happy to host when I'm back in LA.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
as long as I get over this sickness I can be there. I'll PM you when I know whether or not I'll make it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
you didn't miss much, here's a brief synopsis:

1. LH dominated all race
2. Every one else looked terrible without t.c. to rely on
3. Less than half the field finished
4. Ferrari didn't finish a car
5. Kimi (defending champion) had an unexplainable fascination with the gravel
6. Several crew members were ran over:thwack:
7. F1 dropped the ball on several black flags-poke-
rotfl THIS WIL BE A GOOD SEASON TO WATCH FOR BLOOPERS!:sheep:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
how long is the drive from ohio. rotfl

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Is it non smoking? 7 people smoking at the same time the other night was a bit much :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smokers will have to smoke in the balcony, I'm Asian but I'm not THAT Asian.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Is it non smoking? 7 people smoking at the same time the other night was a bit much :crazyeyes
I had to jump in the shower and put all my clothes in the washing machine as soon as I got back - I smelt like an ashtray! Had a great time all the same.

I'm thinking about joining you 'sleeprfocus' - but it is a bit late : possibly past my bedtime!

·
Registered
492 Posts
What about a Sunday morning meeting somewhere - nobody watches the race and so watch it pseudo live ? (no peeking at the results online)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here's the confirmed list so far:
-Serebo1
-Cinesnow
-The Stig