The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
texige said:
Lotus, make this car for the street and sell it in the US!
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

·
Registered
443 Posts
I liked the car in black, but my GOD that's a gorgeous car in proper racing colors!!! :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
THAT is the way the body of the Elise/Exige should look!!! :eek: :up: :clap:

To keep costs down, I'll even take fiberglass body panels and a smaller engine. Just selll me one that looks like that!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you will need much more than a body kit to make your car like that !!!

what i am very interested in though, are the side view mirrors which look awesome !!! anyone have any info ?? much better looking than those s111 offers

·
Registered
295 Posts
finding money to buy it isn't that much of a problem,as for making this bast to work. i heard it had a lot of problems. and someone who will be getting it would love to race it. but if it has problems why bother !!! it is very stange that this car is on sale !!! limitted one car only production..guess it didn't turn out what they wanted it to be

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm disappointed that Lotus never made this car. They should build it with the FF V6 from the future Evora and kick down the door. Make it really raw so it doesn't compete with the Evora. It's truly one of the prettiest cars ever built IMO.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My annual rant

This car has been my desktop wallpaper for a couple years. This is what I don't understand (among other things). That Lotus is perhaps one of the most beautiful car designs to come along in a long time. I have not seen a Ferrari (I own one, not just bashing here), Lambo, Aston, BMW, Porsche, etc., that has the pure allure of this car.

Obviously this is a bit subjective, but this is a spot on beautiful design of proportion, race function, and yet elegance, backed by one of the premier engineering powerhouses of the car industry. Yet, no chance of bringing this car, or even a reasonable fascisimile of regulatory thwarted design to bear.

Major carmakers will continue to regurgitate a few more million Ford Taurus, Toyota Camry, etc., lookalikes, and the leading exotics will continue with the tired designs that is an endless emulation of each other, with the true novelty and innovation of your average insecure 7th grader. Please move on folks...pretty please??? Only the Zonda folks (thanks Horacio) seems to understand this, but that is truly rarefied air.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you're deadset on rebuilding this car, you can buy the Exige EVO (which has the longer chassis similar to the Exige RR) and fabricate the front clam, probably only run you about $200K ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you're deadset on rebuilding this car, you can buy the Exige EVO (which has the longer chassis similar to the Exige RR) and fabricate the front clam, probably only run you about $200K ;)
Indeed... the company RS Performance has created a GT varient of their own which in many ways resembles the Lotus Sport Exige. Check out the website here:
RS Performance

According to the site, every car is built individually for the owner and may be tailored to each customers needs whether to add a full carbon body or custom badging and paint scheme. I would suspect that even if the Evo was not the exact replica of the 300RR that it would be easy enough to create it under their direction.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts