The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first time posting, I wish I had found this site sooner. I am sure I would have learned a ton! So here is the deal, I am a Porsche guy, have had a couple over the years and loved them all. Last year I bought an Elise, it is amazing!! However now I have to sell. Having used rennlist as a Porsche resource for years, I thought you guys might be able to help me out. What do you think on pricing and also I have a different exhaust, well I think it is, it is the way it came, and thought someone might be able to identify. It is an 2005 with 11k miles, Black over Red with the Touring Package. I want another 911 and the only deal I could strike with the wife was to sell the Lotus, buy a boat, and pick up a 911 as a daily driver, the Elise doesn't work for my daily driving needs. Clients don't like to load in over the threshold...always something. Here is the pic of the exhaust. Seems to be the only shot I could get of it, it fires down instead of back like the stock I have seen, plus it has a throatier sound that others I have heard. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks - Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I knew someone would spot it. after a quick search looks like it is a pretty favorable set up. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cool, I knew someone would spot it. after a quick search looks like it is a pretty favorable set up. Any thoughts on that?
Favorable? If your thinking the stage two exhaust will have a positive effect on your selling price, I wouldnt think that way.

Usually modified cars sell for less than stock ones, and even if the buyer wants the stage two exahust and is willing to pay extra for it, I doubt it would much much more than a couple hundred bucks in your pocket...

Many people go to Stage 2, but there aquite a few that complain about its droaning on long road trips at highway speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I didn't care about the extra on the selling price. I was just curious what you thought of the exhaust. Sorry if my reply sounded suspect, I really just want to sell it for a fare price and I always thought it sounded great. Now that I know it is a Lotus product it makes me much more comfortable with it. As a bit of a purist, I am always skeptical of after maket parts... that is all!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh, I didn't care about the extra on the selling price. I was just curious what you thought of the exhaust. Sorry if my reply sounded suspect, I really just want to sell it for a fare price and I always thought it sounded great. Now that I know it is a Lotus product it makes me much more comfortable with it. As a bit of a purist, I am always skeptical of after maket parts... that is all!
Ah, no problem. Stage 2 exhaust is really a popular upgrade, and personally I think it sounds great. Good luck with the sale, but I bet you might have more fun keeping the car, haha.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
OP has put the car up for sale in a separate thread at what seems to me to be about the right price.

ufcwells - the forum rules do not allow discussions on "For Sale" threads - unless specifically invited by the seller.
If you want comments on the price in your "For Sale thread - you will need to say so (but you might regret it....)

·
Registered
856 Posts
PS. It is a Lotus dealer upgrade, like getting starshield. It won't make the value go down. :rolleyes: It is one you can purchase and have done at the dealer (much like toyota and TRD). It won't fetch you more money when you decide to sell the car and it will either make it someones dream car or headache (litterally, I hear they are quite loud).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I have the pricing thing figured out, I really just wanted to find out about the exhaust and introduce myself. I don't think I am going to invite conversation in the for sale per your recommendations (seaching this forum and other online outlets). I really appreciate the help, I figured I would throw it up there... I know in Forums I am more active in it is strange for a newbie to do that with out at least introducing him/herself. I wish I had found this page earlier, I don't have much to offer but I am sure I could have learned a lot. Luckily this car has been perfect, trouble free and not even a small issue so I haven't really needed to recruit any info. Thanks again for everything and it is a pleasure to see how active this board is! And UKphil if I am breaking any rules, please let me know, that is not my intention at all.

Tristar - I agree it sounds great!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
RacyTracy might swap ya for her Porche !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, you did fix my photos... seemed like a Mod to me! ;) Thanks for the advice, and help with the photos, I appreciate it!

Kestrel - I have to get a boat first... or just get my wife drunk, that might get her to commit to another Porsche. It looks like RacyTracey has a 993 Turbo a little out of my budget. The deal with the wife was, I sell the Elise, we get a boat (in her words, that we both can enjoy) then in a couple months I will pick up another 911 as it is more practical for me as a daily driver. Maybe down the road I can go back to a weekend car again.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Sport package? Hard top? Star shield? How many owners? How much track time? How worn are the tires? How chipped up is the paint? Any other mods? Warranty up? Where are you located?

In any case, a 2005 with 11K will go for low 30's. Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Moto- I like the quote in your signature... anyway. No on the sport package and hard top, it has star shield, no track time, tires are 45% rear, 65% front (just a guess), no chips on the paint and no other mods, the warranty is good to 5/09 it was a late delivery, and I am in NW Florida. I think I priced it spot on based on what you guys are saying... $32,950 is what I have it in the marketplace ads for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts