The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got the elise registered, insured etc and got her home and had a chance to wash and wax her so I decided to take her out for the "maiden voyage".

Being one of the first nice days in Crochester, NY, there were a slew of people out. Just a few of the examples of peoples reactions:

-about 800,000 camera phone pictures
-a group of children erupted in hysterics instantly at the sight of the car
-a guy at the gas station pulled up when i was refueling, he started taking pictures and asked how much the car cost, after i refused to say how much I paid, he said "what... like $100k?" and I said "yeah, something like that"
-I had people talk to me at nearly every stoplight with compliments about the car
-Driving through the campus I work at, I had someone yell from about 100 feet away "DUDE!!! YOUR CAR IS BADASS!!!"
-The funniest one by far had to be a guy walking out of a gas station that saw me drive by and started yelling, waving his arms in the air and screaming "YEAH!!! YEAHH!!!!!" while running toward the road

Definitely an interesting 30 minute drive around the city... this car draws WAY more attention than I had anticipated. Makes for an interesting ride, thats for sure rotfl

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I finally got the elise registered, insured etc and got her home and had a chance to wash and wax her so I decided to take her out for the "maiden voyage".

Being one of the first nice days in Crochester, NY, there were a slew of people out. Just a few of the examples of peoples reactions:

-about 800,000 camera phone pictures
-a group of children erupted in hysterics instantly at the sight of the car
-a guy at the gas station pulled up when i was refueling, he started taking pictures and asked how much the car cost, after i refused to say how much I paid, he said "what... like and I said "yeah, something like that"
-I had people talk to me at nearly every stoplight with compliments about the car
-Driving though the campus I work at, I had someone yell from about 100 feet away "DUDE!!! YOUR CAR IS BADASS!!!"
-The funniest one by far had to be a guy walking out of a gas station that saw me drive by and started yelling, wailing his arms in the air and screaming "YEAH!!! YEAHH!!!!! while running toward the road"

Definitely an interesting 30 minute drive around the city... this car draws WAY more attention than I had anticipated. Makes for an interesting ride, thats for sure rotfl
you might just have inspired me to buy a krypton green.

lol, ejnoy!

seems like one heck of a rare color!

·
Registered
963 Posts
It's the KG doing it's thing. Three colors in my opinion get this done. SY (With Racing Stripes), CO, and KG. A couple other colors I won't bother mentioning because the list is annoying to abbreviate. You picked the third, and it worked great.

Enjoy it :D

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
It happens with Chrome Orange too.

Yay, Chrome Orange Mafia!!! :D

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I get the same with Storm Titanium. Honestly, I never looked at any of the attention threads on here until after I bought my car, but there's just no way to describe it, other than it's like walking through the mall with my d**k hanging out.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get the same with Storm Titanium. Honestly, I never looked at any of the attention threads on here until after I bought my car, but there's just no way to describe it, other than it's like walking through the mall with my d**k hanging out.

great analogy :up: i know every time i walk through the mall with my d**k hanging out people constantly stop to compliment me and take pictures of it :)

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
great analogy :up: i know every time i walk through the mall with my d**k hanging out people constantly stop to compliment me and take pictures of it :)
You know what I mean...lol. The attention is like there's something very wrong, or in this case, very right.

·
Registered
274 Posts
now this is some funny stuff! i wish i could hang my d**k out at the mall.....:shrug:

and congratulations on the car and the attention. now, what about the girls???

Mike

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
yeah, when i do the mall thing, people rush up and shout "POOR BABY!" rotfl

·
Registered
190 Posts
Weird - I've had my car for 3 weeks and have only had one guy yell at me going "Yeeeahh! Nice! Bad ass!" at a stop light.

What I do get, though, is a lot of *******s coming out of the woodwork. For instance, I'll have 10 meters of free space behind me, but some SUV will barrel past me and squeeze himself in between me and the car in front of me. I get random tailgaters, and people flooring it at red lights for no reason. Ugh. People will floor it to speed up in order to block me from merging on on-ramps.

The no-attention thing, I understand. I'm in silicon valley, and porsches are as common as honda accords, almost. But the tailgaters and general *******s? Ugh!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Funny video!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxqwEYmUAvU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxqwEYmUAvU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow... those guys were douche bags. i love how he calls it a "Ga-LARD-Oh" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Weird - I've had my car for 3 weeks and have only had one guy yell at me going "Yeeeahh! Nice! Bad ass!" at a stop light.

What I do get, though, is a lot of *******s coming out of the woodwork. For instance, I'll have 10 meters of free space behind me, but some SUV will barrel past me and squeeze himself in between me and the car in front of me. I get random tailgaters, and people flooring it at red lights for no reason. Ugh. People will floor it to speed up in order to block me from merging on on-ramps.

The no-attention thing, I understand. I'm in silicon valley, and porsches are as common as honda accords, almost. But the tailgaters and general *******s? Ugh!
I think most of the Elise/Exige in the US are in California - anybody who lives in a major city in Ca has seen an Elise or Exige several times. Here in LA I would guess we have around 200 Elise/Exige in the local LA City area, maybe 400 in the So Cal area and maybe what 700 in cali ? - most people have seen one or two driving around their city. But I still get the occasional freak out or enthusiast. That said on my drive to work every morning I would guess I see around 50 BMWs & Mercedes (not bs-ing every friggin car in LA is a BMW or Mercedes though Audi is closing the gap) and around 20 Porsches - this is 8 miles, and I am not kidding. People here in LA don't look twice at a Lambo or Ferrari or Porsche GT - ho hum another rich guy...
Most people who tailgate are probably trying to see what the frick kind of car you are driving, most people who cut you off , probably would cut you off if you were in a Dodge K car, don't take it personally.... Take your car down south to central Cali to little towns and people will go crazy - happens every time we go up to central coast wine country in my car

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm so glad I got a Starlight Black one. Attracts less attention, looks the best, and is proven to be, by far, the fastest colour of all Lotus' beautiful colours.

Damn it ******! We told you to get a bike if you want the chicks! :D

Be careful of the strong winds though. rotfl

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm so glad I got a Starlight Black one. Attracts less attention, looks the best, and is proven to be, by far, the fastest colour of all Lotus' beautiful colours.
'cept we get all the Batmobile comments!

But no matter the color, it's a real kick taking these cars out for the first time and getting the attention that comes with owning an exotic sports car.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts