The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having been an owner for 4yrs, thought I had an acct, didn’t/don’t, creating this to satisfy the requirement. Don’t plan on posting here much past post 10. thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
499 Posts
Hi bucket. What car ya got?

·
Registered
23 Posts
having been an owner for 4yrs, thought I had an acct, didn’t/don’t, creating this to satisfy the requirement. Don’t plan on posting here much past post 10. thanks.
same here.. i posted in the wanted ad's and got it deleted LOL.. OMG i'm just looking for parts to finish my car.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
499 Posts
So, y'all are up to 3 and 7.

What year?

What color?

Post some pics.

They do the 10 posts thing because the site had a huge problem with scammers in the for sale/wanted sections. Huge. "I have just the part you want, here's a pic (from googles)... My friend has that part, yes it fits a Evija, because he's parting one out now...."

·
Administrator
3,147 Posts
We still have a problem that is less transparent due to it being kept under control behind the scenes. Let's also remind all new members that this isn't an open online marketplace! Our Marketplace is a perk for members. BTW here's some numbers for you the number of members on LT at any time is only 5-10% of the total number of people actually viewing LT at that same moment. We are a niche community and we want to keep LT free from spammers and scammers and that's why rules were made years ago. Anyone serious about getting into the marketplace gets their ten posts done in less than a day. If they're truly into Lotus then they probably also learned new things and met other members while getting those ten posts and that is just one of the purposes of having the ten post rule.

The rules were loosely enforced in the past relying entirely too much on the honor system and when problems arose they were handled retro actively. Last year the mods enacted a plan to be more proactive in protecting members and I have sent out a greeting to each new member with member rules and Marketplace rules.

The site owners aren't as concerned with safety as much as they are headcount and number of posts and it is up to the mods to keep the site safe so bear with us when you grumble about the ten post rule or having to introduce yourself. It's ultimately about keeping this site safe and all about LOTUS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, y'all are up to 3 and 7.

What year?

What color?

Post some pics.

They do the 10 posts thing because the site had a huge problem with scammers in the for sale/wanted sections. Huge. "I have just the part you want, here's a pic (from googles)... My friend has that part, yes it fits a Evija, because he's parting one out now...."
2005 Bordeaux Red, total project, its the annoying odds and ends that I'm on here to try and source, like from the type of person thats parting out, etc..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The head gasket and the hilarious ‘freeze plug’ on the cyl head that faces the mating surface was a bit of a let down. Finished the job, added coolant, watched it all hit the ground. Redid the job, which was only a bandaid until the K24/20 goes in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Setrab oil cooler, spal fan, air2water IC, GTX3076r awaiting install on the K, after I sort out an off the shelf turbo manifold that doesn’t mean cutting the trunk out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless that’s impossible and I build a manifold or go with a Mercracing intake manifold and supercharger. (Not likely)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Moving on with disassembly and paint prep.

Supercharged 2ZZ full pullout will be available, looking to sell as a complete package. Otherwise, it’ll get wrapped and palletized. Saved for the next owner should they not like the turbo K swap that’s being installed.

·
Administrator
3,147 Posts
Place a proper FS ad for your eng assembly with photo and price. They seem to go quickly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts