The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for what it's worth, to any of you wanting to get anything done at MMC, don't bother...they quoted me $700 plus tax, to put in my 2bular exhaust...

i ended up going to Sports and Classics, who used to service my porsche-$135! and a free wash to boot...

i spent the $600 i saved on strippers and coke (in my IMAX dreams)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
So the Porsche place's labor rate is $270 per hour? lol

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
:up:If you look at what else they sell, they can easily throw out numbers all day and most customers will just write the check.

But they are jerks. A few years ago I was in there with my dad, who was out visiting and wanted to sit in a Lambo. We just happened to be in their neighborhood, and dropped in. For a long time we were ignored (we were dressed very casually), and when someone came over they spoke as if we had wandered away from a tour bus.

Then some other guy came over and asked the salesman if he knew anything about an AM Vanquish in the driveway, which had to be moved. I looked at my dad, who said nothing but nodded his head "no". For the next half-hour, we wandered the showroom and sat in all of the cars. Those guys were climbing all over each other to find the keys to the "Vanquish with Ohio plates".

As we walked toward the door past a half-dozen of their staff, my dad announced in his best British accent, "We'll be off gentlemen! We have a "shed-dule" to keep!". Then he stopped and said in a low voice "You should never underestimate which of your guests might have an extra $200k in their pocket." Then we walked back to the Vanquish and I tried not to pee my pants laughing. One of my dad's best moments. :clap:

As we backed into the street he told me "those guys were a bunch of f**kers, but you really shouldn't have farted in the Bentley".

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
they told me it would take about 4 hours, at $170 an hour..

the other place was $135/hour and it took them an hour...
I can swap exhaust on my car in an hour without using a lift.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
They did seem kinda snooty when I visited their showroom about 8 years ago.

Although they might get a lot of tire kickers, that area of the city doesn't seem like a big touristy hotbed.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
. A few years ago I was in there with my dad, who was out visiting and wanted to sit in a Lambo. ".
First, they are jerks for treating you like that. BUT, why did you need a salesman if they were letting you sit in the cars and that's all your dad wanted to do? I don't think people should be treated bad because they dress down or drive a inexpensive car. But, I also don't think they should FEEL like they deserve better treatment because they dress up or drive an EXPENSIVE car. So basically you were no more interested in buying a car, then someone who wandered in off a tour bus (which I guess then it's okay to ignore). And, your dad felt compelled to lie by nodding his head "no", to an innocent question (maybe something had happened to his car). Just maybe the salespeople sniffed all this out. Which again is not okay, but then lying isn't either.

When I buy a car or truck, I ask the salesman one question. Do you have the authorization to make the final deal. The answer is always no. "Then get me the sales manager."

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Gave me a pretty bad price on a KG Elise... Weren't really willing to budge :p The salesperson, a young guy, also made up some crap to the effect of, "About 20% of what you're paying of the total price is interest!! Yeah, because the finance companies know it's a toy and it's a luxury to have, they charge you more interest!!"

I won't state the salesperson's name, but obviously, he was beyond full of ****. How does he know who I'm financing with, anyhow? :shrug:

Later, they had a big sale on Lotuses. I could have been in a KG Elise...who knows? :p

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I found the sales staff decent enough when communicating through email. However, I had a bad experience at the dealership. Basically (from what I can remember) some a-hole salesman waited until I was DIRECTLY in front of the RR he was showing someone to blast the horn. He smirked and said "Sorry." Yeah right, you Fn AH.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same here, however the cutting of the diffuser did take me a while since I had to make sure I did it right the 1st time!

·
Registered
571 Posts
:up:

As we walked toward the door past a half-dozen of their staff, my dad announced in his best British accent, "We'll be off gentlemen! We have a "shed-dule" to keep!". Then he stopped and said in a low voice "You should never underestimate which of your guests might have an extra $200k in their pocket." Then we walked back to the Vanquish and I tried not to pee my pants laughing. One of my dad's best moments. :clap:

As we backed into the street he told me "those guys were a bunch of f**kers, but you really shouldn't have farted in the Bentley".
Sounds like a story a friend told me. His dad was a farmer. had a ranch he sold to some developers for millions. After the check cleared (so to speak) he went to the Porsche dealer in his overalls. Stood there for an eternity next to the turbo before a sales man asked if he could be of any help. He turns to the salesman and says "I'll take this one"

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Same here, however the cutting of the diffuser did take me a while since I had to make sure I did it right the 1st time!
I didnt have to cut the diffuser.. :)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If it wasnt' for MMC, I wouldn't have my elise. My experience with their sales department was absolutely phenomenal. They treated me like like i was buying the carrera GT off the showroom floor. And lets face it, an elise is the "pinto" of that dealership to say the least. They were extremely courteous, cooperative, respectful, and professional, and they gave me 10k off sticker on a leftover as i've said in many other threads, only because someone blurbed it on the internet a few days before. They didn't have to, but because i drove all the way from Allentown for that reason they said they had no other choice professionally but to honor that deal. I'm not sure who you specifically dealt with, but I dealt with Ted K. and his service was simply outstanding. I would absolutely do business with them again in the future.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I've had very good experiences with MMC myself, although I haven't been there in a few years since moving my 993 Turbo to CA. This was just one: I was on my way out of town on a Friday when the back window of the Turbo shattered. It was a little after 6PM, but I took a chance and drove past the MMC service entrance and it was still open. I parked the car and immediately the service manager came over, seeing the back window in pieces. He explained that it was a defect in the high mounted tail light that shorted out the window defroster causing the window to break. Even though the car was out of warranty, and it was after hours on a Friday, they took the car in and fixed it for no charge. There were other positives as well, and no negatives that I can remember.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I'm not sure who you specifically dealt with, but I dealt with Ted K. and his service was simply outstanding. I would absolutely do business with them again in the future.
Although I bought my car from HRM, I did in fact deal with Ted K. at MMC for a bit. I found him to be extremely helpful. :up:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
If it wasnt' for MMC, I wouldn't have my elise. My experience with their sales department was absolutely phenomenal. They treated me like like i was buying the carrera GT off the showroom floor. And lets face it, an elise is the "pinto" of that dealership to say the least. They were extremely courteous, cooperative, respectful, and professional, and they gave me 10k off sticker on a leftover as i've said in many other threads, only because someone blurbed it on the internet a few days before. They didn't have to, but because i drove all the way from Allentown for that reason they said they had no other choice professionally but to honor that deal. I'm not sure who you specifically dealt with, but I dealt with Ted K. and his service was simply outstanding. I would absolutely do business with them again in the future.

Thanks. That's great to know :up:

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Bought my car there and they were great.. everything was as promised. Got one of the first cars delivered in NY at sticker as agreed.

They were a little high on the service though to which I went to HRM for.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Although I bought my car from HRM, I did in fact deal with Ted K. at MMC for a bit. I found him to be extremely helpful. :up:
I met Ted at an HPDE event. He was super cool. If you buy anything in Manhattan you have to expect a big mark up. Lotus of Manhattan is obviously going to have a lot more overhead than Lotus of PortChester...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ditto.

Plus the 4 hours I spent included long water breaks, more breaks while I took pictures, and even more breaks when I came inside and searched the forums on whether or not I should keep my heatshield. If could do it all over I could easily do it in half the time... for free.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts