The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swung by Manhattan Motorcars today. I found it a bit odd that we haven't heard from people on this board getting deliveries from the two biggest Lotus dealers in terms of Esprit sales (i.e. Manhattan Motorcars and Hunting Ridge). Anyway, they had two or three BRP, one CO, a few Saffron and one Purple car. I had intended to go for a test drive, but got there too late so all I could do is drool over the Carrera GT and the many Murcielagos (sp?) and Gallardos (sp?). Man...if the Elise yellow looked like that three or four stage yellow on the Lambo, I would have been all over it. Heck, if the chrome orange looked like the lambo orange...I would have been all over it! The guy let me sit in a Rolls Phantom. $360k ....hey...it has umbrellas built into the doors!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Didn't bring a camera and since all the cars are indoors, pictures wouldn't have done any of the cars justice.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Did you see the pictures of the yellow Gallardo here on Elisetalk? that is probably the most beatifull yellow car I have ever seen! and I'm not a yellow kind a guy!:cool:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I don't know that anyone here has gotten their elise from HRM yet. I spoke to Mark Starr Thursday and he told me they had delivered only 1 car so far.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
ekological was that you at about 4:00pm?

I was the one checking out the Yellow Demo with Manny just as I set of the alarm LOL, and boy is it loud.

My car is here and it will be ready to go on Monday. They actually got it Friday but didnt say anything :confused:.
I would assume that had gotten it late. The car in person is insane! I just cant believe how much nicer in person the car is. Folks, this car does not photo well. In person it is a site behold.

The SY Elise is such an eye catching stunner that Im going to be embarrased driving it cause its as loud and noticible as Big Ben at midnight. I'm serious I'm gonna feel silly driving a car this HOT!

The interior is awesome. Did the Brits always know how to make it so nice! Why did they hold out this till the US market and not give it in the Euro car. Did I say the interior is awesome! I had forgotten how wide, low, and strong the car looked. It looks like a true exotic and pulls it off with ease. I am truly worried about the amount of attention it will command. I really feel bad for any girl driving it cause its gonna be a stupid amount of attention. The Saffron Yellow is hardcore and will not disappoint anyone. The clear bra looked very good and did not diminish the cars look at all. There where Lambo's all over the place and I didnt even feel the urge to look at them thats how good the Elise held its own. Monday is gonna be a very special day indeed !
:clap:

·
Registered
591 Posts
What! they have a Purple Elise! Why they must be lying, cheating, stealing, SOBs, who have sold bought or sold my car out from under me!!!

Oh wait , it not my dealer and has a sticker that says it was supposed delivered to them.... Nvermind the facts, they must have some how deprived me of or delayed me from, getting my car.

Wait, all you guys getting your car before my are part of the grand conspiracy too. If you hadn't ordered your cars, or if you had refused delivery of your car, that is in a different color, I would already have gotten my car by now.

Oh woe is me.

Greg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Racer X, You must really post pictures of your Aubergine car when it comes in, I bet its going to be quite "different" but stunning at the same time and I for one am curious to see what its going to look like in person.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that was me :) You must have been in the other corner where the construction was still going on.

1FASTMX5 said:

I was the one checking out the Yellow Demo with Manny just as I set of the alarm LOL, and boy is it loud.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does your car have the hardtop? If so, I remember seeing your car (that was the only car with a hardtop). Otherwise, there were about two more BRP up there that I didn't really pay any attention.

samberken said:
Picking up mine on MOnday

Can't wait

Bert

BRP/Bsct

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Racer X said:
What! they have a Purple Elise! Why they must be lying, cheating, stealing, SOBs, who have sold bought or sold my car out from under me!!!

Oh wait , it not my dealer and has a sticker that says it was supposed delivered to them.... Nvermind the facts, they must have some how deprived me of or delayed me from, getting my car.

Wait, all you guys getting your car before my are part of the grand conspiracy too. If you hadn't ordered your cars, or if you had refused delivery of your car, that is in a different color, I would already have gotten my car by now.

Oh woe is me.

Greg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

. . .

·
Registered
591 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
Racer X, You must really post pictures of your Aubergine car when it comes in, I bet its going to be quite "different" but stunning at the same time and I for one am curious to see what its going to look like in person.
Glad to do it. Unfortunately, it is likely to be late October. Perhaps someone will post pictures of the ones that are already in country.

Greg

·
Registered
670 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:

I would assume that had gotten it late. The car in person is insane! I just cant believe how much nicer in person the car is. Folks, this car does not photo well. In person it is a site behold.

The SY Elise is such an eye catching stunner that Im going to be embarrased driving it cause its as loud and noticible as Big Ben at midnight. I'm serious I'm gonna feel silly driving a car this HOT!

I agree. thats what I posted after the LA show. If you've only seen pictures, you don't really know how the Elise looks. It's smaller, lower, and the fenders flair much more than you realise from photos. The Saffron Yellow is beautiful. Congrats on having yours arrive.

Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
eko

Yes, I ordered the hard top as well

I went to the dealership this morning ( 6:00am) and I couldn't even find one Elise on the floor. Where do they hide them?

All these anticipation will finally be things of the past...
I had my casual wear ready for weeks in the office ( unlike you West coast guys, I dress up for my pofession), had my brand new Puma driving shoe, ordered my extra eza pass for the tunnel, picked my CD for my journey home, painted the garage floor, reserved my special plate ( sub 2K), had my insurance ready since July 19...

My wife said I wasn't even half as ready for our first born son...

Talk to you huys tomorrow

Bert

·
Registered
92 Posts
argh

i ordered chrome orange from Manhattan - they say im number 8 but i think that means it will be 8 years before i see the car

getting so freakign restless but i know we all are ......sigh

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They hide them on the 4th floor or something like that. It's wall to wall with Ferraris, Porsches, Bentleys, and Rolls Royces. :eek:

Have fun tomorrow!

samberken said:
eko

Yes, I ordered the hard top as well

I went to the dealership this morning ( 6:00am) and I couldn't even find one Elise on the floor. Where do they hide them?
Bert

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: argh

That could be your chrome orange car sitting on the floor. The only VIN I recall seeing was car #130. Not sure if that was the orange car.

agent orange said:
i ordered chrome orange from Manhattan - they say im number 8 but i think that means it will be 8 years before i see the car

·
Registered
591 Posts
Did the purple one have the hardtop and touring package?

We need sunlight pictures of the purple!

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 20 of 70 Posts