The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two Elises ( Both Silver) for sale at Manhattan Motor 212(594-6200). Talk to John Del tatto, he is a good guy. Very efficient and resourceful.

He told me one guy cancelled the order and the other was from a guy who couldn't sell his at eBay ( Lotus didn't approve the contract transfer)

Good luck

SamberKen

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
is he asking above msrp?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
samberken said:
who couldn't sell his at eBay ( Lotus didn't approve the contract transfer)

FYI, Lotus has nothing to do with the waiting lists. Zero, zilch, nada. If this guy told you this, then he isn't being truthful.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Genjuro,
Our internet guy listed one of our new GT3's on E-Bay and within two hours Porsche called us and requested that we remove the car from E-Bay..
The manufacturers/distributors do have policies regarding certain sales practices and they never will approve of someone trying to transfer a position on a car..
The thing in San Louis Obispo smells real bad though.....

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It seems Lotus (LCU) has gotten involved when cars have been placed on eBay. At least when dealerships have offered cars.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
the manufacturer can dictate the avenues on how a dealership markets and sells their cars, ie ebay...
i cant imagine a manufacturer stepping in and getting involved with contract transfers set up by customers and dealers.
thats just bs the dealers use so they can sell those cars 5k-10k over sticker.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i almost just bought one of these cars.

One is Arctic Silver, one is Storm Ti. Both have red touring pack interior, hard tops and star shield.

They want 5 over. Sticker is 45,106 so that makes it 50,106 total.

I called John and asked him what the price was. He told me 45,106. In my mind the Elise is a $40,000 car so i figured this included the premium. I told him i'd take the Arctic one. Then we started working up the numbers and all of a sudden it was 50,106. That was more than i was prepared to spend this fine saturday morning so i dropped out. It really was just a miscommunication but i got very excited for my new Elise and now i'm disappointed :(

It's amazing how quickly a $39,995 car becomes a $45,106 car and then again gaps up to $50,106.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Base price was $39,995 now is $40,930

so:
Base: $39,995
Destination: $795
Metallic paint: $590
Touring: $1,350
Hard Top: $1,475
StarShield: $995

Total: $45,200 old MSRP

$935 MSRP increase.

Total: $46,135 new MSRP

$5K premium

$50,200 old MSRP
$51,135 new MSRP

Add tax etc after.

So they seem to be old MSRP cars.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Miguel said:
Base price was $39,995 now is $40,930

so:
Base: $39,995
Destination: $795
Metallic paint: $590
Touring: $1,350
Hard Top: $1,475
StarShield: $995

Total: $45,200 old MSRP

$935 MSRP increase.

Total: $46,135 new MSRP

$5K premium

$50,200 old MSRP
$51,135 new MSRP

Add tax etc after.

So they seem to be old MSRP cars.
they are old MSRP cars. I figured that was implied in my post ;)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I was just breaking it down to make clear the dealer didn't jumped to $10k over, not saying you were implying that.

So it's really a $4k premium car in all reality. Like paying double taxes at MSRP.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
If you place an order with a dealer you and only you have placed that order. It is not your right to sell the car or order to someone else unless you have a broker or dealers license.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
If you place an order with a dealer you and only you have placed that order. It is not your right to sell the car or order to someone else unless you have a broker or dealers license.

who says??
if u give ur place in line, ur not selling the car.
come on, the dealer uses that to snatch cars up and and sell them over list. agree or not, thats what theyre doing, so.....

it boils down to the dealer not wanting someone else to make a profit off their product.
but my point still stands....lotus could really care less about who is where and in what line...theyre still selling the car. lotus gets msrp no matter if its sold at msrp, or 20k over, its all the same to lotus.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
evomind said:
Lotus gets msrp no matter if its sold at msrp, or 20k over, its all the same to lotus.
Actually, Lotus gets Dealer Invoice price, the exact details of which have not leaked yet.

But your point is the same.. Lotus sells to the dealers, not us.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
HRM has a few elises in stock and for sale.
all are about $5k over msrp.
i asked if he'd sell one to me for msrp and he said no.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
details of available cars?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I believe that AutoEurope has a laser blue with black touring, hardtop, and starshield available for immediate sale. Call Aaron Waterman at 248-645-6300. I don't necessarily approve of the over-msrp phenomenon, but I have been very happy with my treatment at AutoEurope.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
not sure i understood what i read on the site

1 - 20 of 25 Posts