The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum members,

I am going to be in the market very soon to purchase a manifold and decat from either 2bular or PPE to go along with vision function's new flash they just put out for the exige s. I know this has been covered alot, but just wanted opinions from people who have had experience with either or both on positives or negatives about either setup.
They are both priced around the same range, and seem to be the best two choices to go with. The revised 2bular manifold uses shorter runners for a claimed higher go number. The PPE option is coated for lower under bonnet temps, an utilizes equal runners.
I am really torn between the two options, and am just looking for persuasion to go one way or the other.

Thanks all!!!!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
i love my 2bular manifold. I had it coated after I got mine. You have an Exige S? If you're going to get it with decat you can't use the gotham +2bular tune since that is with the sport cat. If you get the decat and you have RLS intercooler and cup box you can get the 2-11 gotham tune. That is the most power you can get out of the car in it's stock config (pulley & fuel system)...~265whp.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have been running the PPE headers and decat on my Rev 400. Very happy with the stup but it does take a bit more room than OEM headers and will not work with a standard sized silencer. Fine with my Varex.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love my 2bular manifold. I had it coated after I got mine. You have an Exige S? If you're going to get it with decat you can't use the gotham +2bular tune since that is with the sport cat. If you get the decat and you have RLS intercooler and cup box you can get the 2-11 gotham tune. That is the most power you can get out of the car in it's stock config (pulley & fuel system)...~265whp.
Damn..... I didnt know that the VF Gotham tune for 2bular manifold was only for a sport cat. :( . I do have the RLS Intercooler, and am planning on getting the cup box with this batch of modifications. Where can I get the Gotham 2-11 tune?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just went with 2bular on the 2-eleven--very pleased --- Jim can coat it prior to shipping

Phil/Koldfire just set me up an Exige 280 tune for the 260 -- have not installed yet but planning on dyno car next week.
The tune that was on the car prior would not match VIN -- would not pass inspection due to check engine light on.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just went with 2bular on the 2-eleven--very pleased --- Jim can coat it prior to shipping

Phil/Koldfire just set me up an Exige 280 tune for the 260 -- have not installed yet but planning on dyno car next week.
The tune that was on the car prior would not match VIN -- would not pass inspection due to check engine light on.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Thanks for the input!!!! That does look like quite a nice manifold :up:. I guess I am still up in the air between the two. It seems the Exige S community is split pretty evenly on the subject.
I think the concern that I have now is finding a tune since the one I was planning on wasnt built around a decat. I PM'd Jermaine and asked if he had the gotham 2-11 tune...... Just waiting to hear back from him. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts