The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've ordered the Mansory bumper and have read a few press releases about why Lotus and Mansory teamed up on the design. While they mention "aggressive" was the focus, is there any word on its functionality?

Based on the increased lip I would assume that it potentially increase frontal downforce, but then again I'm not as knowledgeable as some here so hopefully someone has insight.

I will post photos as I get everything together (I have the Monza wheels, HK mirror covers/ air scoops already; also waiting for the GT4 wing, bardge boards, and Lotus engine cover).

Hopefully they arrive soon for the driving season; next week it will be 4 months since my order for the bumper :mad:

·
Vendor
359 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing those pictures!

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Hard to say for sure, but it doesn't look particularly conducive to good DF. All those "holes" above the spliter allow air to escape. You need that air to stack up above the splitter and the holes just let it on through. The stock front end is probably better for downforce and more slippery through the air, IMO...

That said, I agree the cosmetic aspect of the Mansory part is certainly more "aggressive".... whatever that means exactly :D

-Phil

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
On that aspect I would say that the GT4 front is the choice for downforce. The Mansory looks better, but I would agree with Phil on aerodynamics.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I considered the GT4 bumper (and still may get one), but wanted to replicate the GTE look. I don't plan to track this car; so I guess I won't be hindered by the Mansory bumper. Will have to be careful though with the increased length.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The Mansory bumper is made of carbon, the OEM is PE. So, it is much more likely to crack on impact. That would worry me most.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fiberglass I believe; will provide unboxing photos when the Mansory bumper arrives. If anyone works at Mansory kindly tell them the turkey, Santa, the new year, and the groundhog have all passed and I am still awaiting my bumper :)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
what is PE?
Polyethylen, à very resilient plastic used very commonly in automotive parts.
The Mansory is carbon, which is why it is so expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Remember, any increase or decrease in front end down force should be matched with a comparable rear end change, to prevent high speed oversteer or understeer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am hoping with the GT4 wing and Lotus barge boards the car is balanced. Then again as mentioned about the bumper may not add much. This quote sums up the GTE package ""What is unique about this car, is not just that it’s a serious race car – it’s a serious car. People get so excited when they see and especially hear it for the first time"

I guess that is how mine will finally turn out; not track focused. I am sure though with my plack exhaust the last part of that quote will definitely be true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts