The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had this bumper before I even had the car from Lotus. I got the car around July 13 and really wanted to use it for the summer and deal with the bumper install over the winter. Here are the latest photos of the install. The bumper is now off to be painted and I hope they can match it, after a few dozen spray outs over the summer it was not looking good and they might have to blend it in.

There is some trimming of the intake shroud that needs to be done to fit the bumper on. And there is also the issue of the tow hook hole that is now behind the bumper. I think I have a solution for that and will post pics when I hear back from the shop.

All of the work being done by Aston Martin Of New England/Lotus Motorsports, Inc. These guys are topnotch and I don't think I would have bought a Lotus without having a place like this in the area.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very excited to see this turn out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Evora S Mansory upgrade

Thanks Chris!... Here's some pictures of the progress and some other upgrades we are installing on this Evora S

-Mansory Carbon Fiber Front Bumper kit
-Lotus Racing GTN Rear Wing
-Passport 9500CI Radar system
-Larini Sport Exhaust

Stay tuned for more pictures as the car gets reassembled.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
That's going to look AMAZING! Matching the paint is going to be the hardest part.

:shift:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
it took 5 sprayouts and time in the sun to get my chrome orange to match properly, and the PPG guys had to come out to custom tint the basecoat. These three stage paints are no easy task to match since they are usually batch painted.

Will look great when you're done. Looking forward to it

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I always thought the Evora front end isn't aggressive enough and that new front end really fits the car well. Can't wait to see the pic when its done!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Looks great! If I damage my bumper to needing a new one... I am considering doing this one.
That has always been my thinking also, but I haven't found anyone to damage it (without damaging the more critical items behind). Knock on wood, pray to the Spaghetti Monster, etc. etc.:DV:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bumper costs $5,995. I purchased mine from British Racing Group

·
Registered
591 Posts
somebody needs to copy the whole mansory kit and sell it. it drastically changes the entire look of the car, but for a complete setup that runs 1/4 the price of the car, i cant see them selling a ton of these.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts