The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Manual for the Alarm System - Install/Program Manual, too!

I wrote to the manufacturer of the Elise alarm system in Italy, and they were kind enough to send me the manual electronically. Please note that it's in English AND Italian, and that the order of the pages is completely screwy (set up for printing, not reading), so you'll need to print it and rearrange the pages.

Some interesting stuff in here, I think.

Hmmm.... how do I post it here????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that, but I don't see it anywhere. I'll try again. It's a PDF, size is 444KB, so I think it's under the limit.

Here goes.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, life is good. That worked!

Some interesting stuff in here. For instance:

- There's a complete list of what the blinking light means -- 1 to 8 blinks -- when you disarm the car.

- Looks like the courtesy light delay feature is standard on this alarm. Wonder why Lotus didn't make use of it? Can it be re-programmed, or does it require add'l wiring?

- I think the Elise is set for automatic arming after 60 seconds (and auto re-arm in certain circumstances), but the doors don't lock, which is a good thing -- no chance of automatically locking your keys in the car.

I'd love to have the auto window closure module. I wonder if I need the Cobra one, or if the module from another brand car alarm system would work. Anyone know?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Thanks!

I just downloaded the file and printed it out. Now to see what all it can do...

·
Registered
154 Posts
any idea if we have the ultrasonic or hyperfrequency volumetric protection ? what's the difference between these?

I'd rather see the corresponding manual that discusses programming this system.

I have that manual for my current cobra alarm. It is quite interesting reading what it can be programmed to do.

For example, I don't want the alarm to chirp when activating, and I would like the door locks to lock once I'm moving. These things are explained in the programming manual I have for my Cobra alarm. I'm sure there is one for this system.

What is the exact model number of our alarm?

Thanks

Robert

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Biomax said:
and I would like the door locks to lock once I'm moving.
I have one in my MR2 that does that. Love it.

The Elise alarm is model 8168. Maybe I'll write back to Cobra and ask for that, too.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alarm Manual UPDATE: Installation and Programming Manuals!

Folks:

I wrote back to the people at Cobra in Italy, and they were kind enough to send me the Installation manual, which includes programming info. There are 2 documents. Note that, as with the Owner's Manual, the page order is jumbled (it's set up for printing, not reading), so you may want to print it out, and juggle the pages into the correct order.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't had a chance to study the manual much, but here's what I'm wondering. Anyone have info on these items?

- The manual mentions the illuminated entry feature on page 18 -- any idea why Lotus didn't use this feature?

- I want the remote to work the windows. Do I need a separate module, or can I just use the brown/white wire that's labelled "comfort negative output for windows"? How?

- Can I program this system to automatically lock the doors when I start driving, and unlock them when I stop the car? (My system in my MR2 does that.) I don't see any mention of that in this manual. :(

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
pinmagic said:
- I want the remote to work the windows. Do I need a separate module, or can I just use the brown/white wire that's labeled "comfort negative output for windows"?
I thought I saw a separate relay module for the windows on some site that sold the alarm - I suspect that it's needed.

- Can I program this system to automatically lock the doors when I start driving, and unlock them when I stop the car?
I have no idea, but I absolutely hate systems that do this. If I want the doors locked, I'll push the switch. But that's just me...

Thanks for the great work in getting these manuals. No I may have to play with some settings. Even if I don't, I like to have the manuals just in case.:clap: :clap:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The door lock switch is on the front face of the shift lever console. It's not that convenient to reach the lock buttons so personally I'd want to have that under my control. It's easier to unlock the doors via that console switch. Push towards right to lock, left to unlock. That switch is sorta hidden so many may try to unlock the doors via the alloy buttons on each door, or by looking for a lock feature near the door handles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
is this my alarm pin??

In reviewing my lotus documentation included with the car, I can not find any documentation from Cobra than lists my car's alarm pin. I DO have a tag affixed to the spare key ring that says 'delta elettronica spa', and on this tag is a hand written 4 digit number. This same number is also hand written on a long thin separate plastic tag that is also affixed to the key ring. Is this my alarm pin?

thanks

dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
In reviewing my lotus documentation included with the car, I can not find any documentation from Cobra than lists my car's alarm pin. I DO have a tag affixed to the spare key ring that says 'delta elettronica spa', and on this tag is a hand written 4 digit number. This same number is also hand written on a long thin separate plastic tag that is also affixed to the key ring. Is this my alarm pin?

thanks

dave
bump

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts

thanks

dave
That sure sounds like your PIN. You can tell if it is by trying to put the alarm into programming mode. Just do the following procedure (taken from a fob programming thread) using the PIN you have:

Start procedure with ignition on and the alarm DISARMED.

Follow owners manual instructions:

Turn ignition off and on three times fast (within a few seconds) stop in the off position

The TACH light will illuminate for 3 seconds then go out.

Enter your alarm code as per the book. Basically, turn on the ignition, count the number of flashes on the tach light to correspond with the first number of the code and then turn off the ignition. Repeat this for each number of the code.

My technique for this that worked well was to turn on the ignition as fast as possible, wait for the light count, turn off ignition when the tach light illuminated on the count of your number (don't wait for the light to go out-for some reason mine would disarm the alarm either way but worked better this way). Between code number entries turn ignition off and wait about a second (you can hear a click from the engine bay about a second after turning off the ignition). Then repeat above for each number of your code.

(Manual says if wrong number is entered wait 10 seconds then resume with 1st number of code but I would recommend starting over, unless you really feel lucky)

After the last number is entered and you turn off the ignition you have to turn the ignition back on and if all goes well (say a prayer to Colin if you made it this far) you should have a STEADY illuminated TACH light.

If your alarm did everything as described above and you get the steady illuminated tach light, you have your correct alarm code. If you don't get the steady illuminated light, you have the wrong code.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts