The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize to ask this question, but could not find the answer by search.

I test drove a 2017 Evora but the salesperson has very little Lotus knowledge. I wanted to keep in the higher rpms where the power is but it seemed to not want to stay there or down shift when I wanted... is there a specific way to put the auto transmission into manual mode without interruption?

I loved the handling and experience but am coming from a C63 AMG with much more low end torque. I could get used to keeping in the higher rpms, but it just didn’t seem to do what I wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, in "normal" mode, the transmission will revert back to Drive mode (auto) after 20 seconds. In Sport mode, the transmission will remain in manual mode until you either turn off Sport mode or hit the Drive button.

Reactions: dogtag114

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
If the 400 you drive is programmed like the S1 gen Evoras with IPS, when in normal mode (non-sport nor race), the transmission will hold the gear you select for only about 20 seconds before choosing its own gear again. If you put the car in sport or race mode, the car can still be in auto mode. When in sport or race, tap a paddle to enter manual mode. It will then hold the gear all the way to redline and not up shift and stay in that gear until you choose to shift. The only way it will auto shift is if you’re slowing down in a tall gear and the engine would stall if it didn’t downshift. To re-enter auto mode, just hold the right paddle for 3 seconds or so and it will take over shifting on its own, or hit the D button or take the car out of race or sport mode. It should be described in the manual if you’re able to read that portion next time you visit the dealership.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I think I need to test drive it again. I drove a Cayman GT4 today in a manual... I liked it, but it was clearly more a loud track car, where the Evora is a little more civilized for street/town/country use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts