The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just joined this forum today.

I test drove a 2006 Elise new at a dealership and the experience was exhilarating. Now I am retired, and I have both the time and money to add one to my stable. I am a manual transmission advocate, feeling the intimate connection with a vehicle as you move through each gear. Each car with its own personality. I drive for pleasure, not track ... and I can always find places to be 'spirited' behind the wheel.

I currently own (all manual)
  • 1972 Dodge Challenger (440 magnum with a pistol grip hurst shifter)
  • 1979 MGB (29k original miles)
  • 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
I was searching to see if the hard tops can be purchased and found a striking orange chrome Elise on Google which lead me here. Seems there are many good cars for sale.

Cheers

·
Administrator
12,651 Posts
Welcome to LT! Once you've been a member three days and have ten posts you'll be able to send/receive PM and enter the Marketplace.
There's a variety of sources for hardtops from OEM to multiple aftermarket and used on LT.

·
Registered
475 Posts
#savethemanual

Bought my first ever automatic tranny car late last year, BMW. Hit a deer with it a few months later which totally destroyed the car. The tranny gods were not happy with me and I replaced it with a manual transmission BMW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#savethemanual

Bought my first ever automatic tranny car late last year, BMW. Hit a deer with it a few months later which totally destroyed the car. The tranny gods were not happy with me and I replaced it with a manual transmission BMW.
Devine intervention. (y):)
And I guess you have been happy ever since ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rented a 2015 Cayman S with PDK recently to see what the fuss was all about. Great car, and I certainly see the appeal for those who don't like rowing their own gears or primarily drive on track... but I like rowing my own gears on the roads too :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Devine intervention. (y):)
And I guess you have been happy ever since ...
Yep. I had a BMW 340i with the fire breathing 6 cylinder engine. Great car, but the automatic transmission ruined the entire experience. Now I have a 330i with a 4 banger, but with a 6 speed. Still plenty fast and waaay more fun to drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts