The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In less than 5 minutes of searching, I noted at least 1 dozen 2011+ Evora S's for sale. There can't be that many, and there have been many positive comments about the car. That seems like a fairly high proportion of all the S's that have come to the US, but maybe there have been more than I thought. Still, seems like pretty quick turnover. Maybe these are mostly demos or the dealers/Lotus have wanted the warranties to start?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Who knows - I love my N/A version but plan on forcefeeding it more air at some point (ala. Ramtin or some other custom method) and I think a lot of people are doing that.

There are not very many S's imported (less than 100 a year?) so having 15% of the stock available isn't a horrendously off number.

Maybe they were ordered with color combos or options that aren't as popular?

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
I believe there were only 74 MY2011 Evora S's imported to the US. I wouldn't sell mine if I were starving. :)

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
They are not inexpensive. "Good deals" at discounted prices are not as available, and still significantly pricier. There are no intake or exhaust aftermarket options available yet. And most of the time those extra horses aren't that important. The handling and looks and braking and exclusivity are the draws, not getting pushed back into the seat. That's what 'Stangs and Vettes and such are for.

Having ours is one of the very best things I've ever done.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
unfortunately lotus incentives on the S cars were a lot less than NA. I would've jumped on an S but it was out of my price bracket. I'd like to pick one up at some point but as an extra car.

I don't think the remaining stock is too too bad.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Aside from quality issues (being that I was one of the guinea pigs aka 'early adopters'), the car is outstanding.. Power is just enough to offer an exhilarating ride while the handling qualities are out of this world. I have yet to drive a better handling car. A buddy let me drive his brand new Cayman S the other day and it made me want to drive my own car. The same exact thing happened a couple of months back when I swapped cars with a buddy's NSX (the same black one from Fast & Furious). It handled well, but the steering feedback was dull and heavy. The difference was like cutting butter with the dull side of the blade versus the sharp side. Of course that car is almost 10 years old, but still it was revered as a superb handling car and I was not impressed having been used to the Evora's responsive steering feel and superb ride quality.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's price point is all wrong....that is why they just sit.
Want a fast car fir the price get a Nissan gtr
Want a fast car with driving dynamics Tuned for excitement by a z06
Want a track queen or canyon warrior buy an s260 exige.
Want a refined track / canyon car buy a cayman r or Porsche speedster.

Evora s is overpriced and no match for even it's now discontinued stablemate.

The base evora is a much better deal for the money and basically looks the same.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's price point is all wrong....that is why they just sit.
Want a fast car fir the price get a Nissan gtr
Want a fast car with driving dynamics Tuned for excitement by a z06
Want a track queen or canyon warrior buy an s260 exige.
Want a refined track / canyon car buy a cayman r or Porsche speedster.

Evora s is overpriced and no match for even it's now discontinued stablemate.

The base evora is a much better deal for the money and basically looks the same.
I would have to agree. Its a fantastic looking car but expensive especially given the competition.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I guess now I know why I wanted more power. Its so rewarding to go against a brand new 911 4s and pull away like you're racing a Honda civic. 400HP is the number that the S should've had stock to have something to say in this market and be a bargain for the price specially now that your regular average Porsche is around 65k

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does anybody know how many Evora NA and Evora S are sold / new registered in the US / Can in 2012?

Over here in Germany up to the end of August only 14 cars (all kind of evoras) were new registered in 2012 (and i am afraid that "new registration" also includes imported used examples that are first reg in germany and also some dealer demos)

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Who knows - I love my N/A version but plan on forcefeeding it more air at some point (ala. Ramtin or some other custom method) and I think a lot of people are doing that.

There are not very many S's imported (less than 100 a year?) so having 15% of the stock available isn't a horrendously off number.

Maybe they were ordered with color combos or options that aren't as popular?

Bingo, at Valenti everyone looks at but no one wants there Grey one. People want color on this car. Not what I'm saying but what dealer has found oit. They have 2 cars left. 1 is grey and the other is a silver. Just got a Chrome Orange in last month and have many bites on it already

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My original post was not clear, and I see that now. I was talking about used cars not new ones. I didn't count those (but I'd guess over a dozen, easy). My surprise was that there were so many used cars already for sale.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My surprise was that there were so many used cars already for sale.
Are you certain these are current for sale ads you are viewing? When I was searching to buy my car recently, I was amazed how many of the adverts were for cars that sold over a year ago. Easily half of the car ads were not real. My guess is, of the dozen ads you are seeing, only 6-8 of them are current/active for sale adverts.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's certainly possible, and dealers aren't always quick on updating their websites. But assuming many are out of date, that almost makes it worse? If only 60-70 cars came in, why were 20% re-sold so quickly? I guess that's just people who wanted to have the newest thing, and then they move on. Or demo or "owner's cars," you know, the kind the guys in the service area drive from the back to the front of the dealership, while adjusting every single control, turning up the fan to max, changing the radio, and flooring it to go 150 yards. rotfl

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was by the local dealer today, and inquired about the S's with mileage that has going through their hands over the last year.

- An MY11 S in Laser Blue :drool: that apparantly was a Lotus demo car that was sold late last year, that was recently sold back to them. The owner is on the fence as to what to get. This owner's car prior to that S was a MY10 NA Evora.
- An MY11 S in Black that was traded in and resold early this year, which the owner traded for a GP.
- An MY11 S in Aspen White that was trade in and resold mid-year this year, which the owner traded for a MY12 S.

The point is, there are many reasons that people trade in a car. The 3 cars there probably represent 1/3 to 1/2 of new inventory S's that would have went through this dealer in the past 12 months.

FWIW.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts