The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am almost done with all the CF parts from HKFEVER :) Maybe just a few more...

Charles - Many THX for all the parts. It took a long time to get all of these together but the end result speaks for itself.

RRT Racing helped me with the install as I could not do these at home. They are great bunch of guys, very helpful and they can do anything.

Here is a link to the latest work. Tons of pictures.
2011 Lotus Exige S260 Final Edition - Before and After Carbon Fiber changes

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Thank you, RBH the man of CF :cool:

I am struggling not to install any CF on my car every day :wallbang::wallbang:

Yet, I have tons of them ready for me :eek:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Came out great! Nice pictures. Fitment looks good too. How much modification did you have to do for everything to join up nicely on the interior?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Was there a lot of fiddling to make it fit

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Overall the fittings were very good. I was very impressed. You have to make some minor adjustments but noting massive. The dash needed few screw holes. The main thing was to make sure to have a set of clips for the air bag cover (Option A121U0117F R/B) B121U0117F Qty 4 and cowling retention clips Part # A121U0156S Qty 4.

The rest went smoothly. I am planning to change the horn and that seems to be more of a challenge as I have to take off the front clamshell. The front grill is totally glued. I think Lotus used all the glue that had in stock to put my car together.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, RBH the man of CF :cool:

I am struggling not to install any CF on my car every day :wallbang::wallbang:

Yet, I have tons of them ready for me :eek:
Are you kidding me. You have no CF in the car -eek-

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Are you kidding me. You have no CF in the car -eek-
Damn sure, no CF parts on or in my car yet. :D

The only CF look alike parts in my car is the custom made oversize silver colour Texalium al coated fiber glass heat shield from RLS. :cool:

But under, yes. From Reverie custom made 5 element diffuser. :cool:

Oh, forgot another 2 Reverie CF seats :cool:

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Wow, the car is looking great. Love the CF ground effects... it's got a Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera look to it!

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Question, did you use any adhesive to attach the side skirts or just bolts? I bought the same ones and a couple of people have suggested using double sided tape to attach and then bolt on. Any comments?
I just used bolts. I would not use tapes unless you have no one to help you. If anything you can use some thin black weather strips from Home Depot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts