The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought map pockets from SVAG and just installed them. There are two styles available, depending on whether you have the Touring or standard interior. There are also different fabrics -- I bought leather.

Now I have a place to put little things so they won't move around.

This first photo shows the pocket on the passenger side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That overhead shot is giving me vertigo! :D

Not to be a spoilsport, but those don't look to be all that practical. Looks like you can't put much in them (not much clearance between the seat and the doorsill), and that anything small would be hard to reach, cause it'll be hard to get your hand in there. But maybe I'm wrong (rare as that is).

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The S1 map pockets/thigh brace pad combo units are completley different.
I think you should have mounted them in a more forward position next to your knee for better accesibility.. How do they mount? Screws, velcro?
Lotus embossed logo looks great.
I had seen them listed in the new Elise accesory brochure but thought they were the same configuration as the S1 style pocket/pads.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Must one buy two at a time?

I think they detract from the look of the interior, but if necessity dicates, I'll buy'em for sure.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
pinmagic said:
That overhead shot is giving me vertigo! :D

Not to be a spoilsport, but those don't look to be all that practical. Looks like you can't put much in them (not much clearance between the seat and the doorsill), and that anything small would be hard to reach, cause it'll be hard to get your hand in there. But maybe I'm wrong (rare as that is).
I dunno, seems that as a place to put your registration papers, a cell phone, etc, they look pretty handy to keep things from flying around under spirted driving. :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure that I installed the map pockets in the intended location due to the design of the top and bottom. the top is retained by the sill and the bottom is taped (!) to the aluminum vertical piece of the chassis just above the floor. There is a "tab" that is retained forward/aft by the raised aluminum pieces on the floor.

Installation was easy and took 5-10 minutes. You don't have to remove the sill -- just lift it a bit. That entails unscrewing the sheet metal screw at the back of the sill on the outside, then stretching/cutting the double-sided tape at the back of the sill.

I removed the double-sided tape and replaced it with new.

The pockets aren't big, but there are a convenient place for little things like a little flashlight, air pressure gauge, etc.

They are available only as a set of two. the part number (non-touring) is LOTAC05301. SVAG's list price is $159.50. Since I ordered them at their open house, they gave me a 15% discount.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
I think they're a great idea. Today, during every high-g turn, my camera and garage door opener would slide across the dash tray with a loud 'smack!'. When I hit the brakes hard, the cell phone recharger cable and assorted CDs launched themselves from the passenger seat towards the passenger footwell. Something like this is needed.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Looked in the Lotus Trim Brochure and
the photos of the sill products show
that the photos posted on this thread
are showing the the product to be in the
correct location. P.S. - The brochure
shows the leather, also matching the
seats, in a beautiful dark green color
which is not yet available for us here in
the colonies.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Chococar said:
I'm sure that I installed the map pockets in the intended location due to the design of the top and bottom. the top is retained by the sill and the bottom is taped (!) to the aluminum vertical piece of the chassis just above the floor. There is a "tab" that is retained forward/aft by the raised aluminum pieces on the floor.

Installation was easy and took 5-10 minutes. You don't have to remove the sill -- just lift it a bit. That entails unscrewing the sheet metal screw at the back of the sill on the outside, then stretching/cutting the double-sided tape at the back of the sill.

I removed the double-sided tape and replaced it with new.

The pockets aren't big, but there are a convenient place for little things like a little flashlight, air pressure gauge, etc.

They are available only as a set of two. the part number (non-touring) is LOTAC05301. SVAG's list price is $159.50. Since I ordered them at their open house, they gave me a 15% discount.
Isn't the above part number for U.S.
cars with no std carpet fitted? The one
I see being for cars with std carpet
fitted is LOTACO5290. They refer to it
as Shallow Black Leather, with the no
std carpet version called Deep Black
Leather.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
sounds right as i see no carpet in his photos. i like these and they are not bad at all for carrying "stuff"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts