The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest from my dealer....

Spoke to my dealer yesterday, and he stated that (1) my Elise (in the first ten) ordered with the Sport Package and hard top will come with the touring package. All early models will have the touring package.

(2) LSD will not be offered on this year's model. According to the person that my dealer spoke with at LCUSA, (paraphrased) "The Elise stays so well planted on the road that LSD is only needed in slippery (e.g. snowy) conditions. We do not know if we will ever offer LSD on the Elise".

Any similar experiences or thoughts?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
1) Who is your dealer?
2) So you are saying that even though you (or anyone else in the USA) that already orderd their car and didn't order the Touring Package will receive it anyway? So in essence they are forced to buy the package or if they don't want pruchase the car with the package they can forgo their spot and give it to the next guy in line?
3) What do you mean exactly by "all early models will have Touring Package"? The fist 10, 20, 30 40 ... 100 in the USA?
4) Do you think your dealer just ignored your/others orders and just ordered the Touring Package for their first 10 cars regardless of owners' wishes to make more profit and then now are trying to sell you more than you want?
5) Am I the only one who is very suspcious of the dealers?
6) Could you please provide you SSN, Passport, and DL and a DNA sample so that we can verify who you are and if you have already ordered. j/k :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
For what it's worth...

...my cynical leaning is towards #4 above (unless everyone else is being told the same thing, which doesn't seem to be the case).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called my dealer and Roadrunner was right. The dealer ordered all of the first 10 "loaded". They did not call anyone to confirm this. But if I wanted to, I could change mine back to just the sports package. Wow! I cannot belive that they would be so bold. Take it or leave it I guess. So if you are on the list at Maplecrest in NJ, better talk to Tom if you want to delete either the sports or touring package.

Sorry that I imlpied that LCUSA was part of this. When he said "they" yesterday, I asumed that this came down from Lotus. He just confrimed "they" are the management at Maplecrest. I'll bet there are going to be a lot of people pissed about this one if they don't read this thread.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Re: LSD.

The dealers kare only going on much more limited information (and most likely out of date) than we have. I would not put too much stock in that.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Cale said:
I just called my dealer and Roadrunner was right. The dealer ordered all of the first 10 "loaded". They did not call anyone to confirm this. But if I wanted to, I could change mine back to just the sports package. Wow! I cannot belive that they would be so bold. Take it or leave it I guess. So if you are on the list at Maplecrest in NJ, better talk to Tom if you want to delete either the sports or touring package.

Sorry that I imlpied that LCUSA was part of this. When he said "they" yesterday, I asumed that this came down from Lotus. He just confrimed "they" are the management at Maplecrest. I'll bet there are going to be a lot of people pissed about this one if they don't read this thread.
It's good that you posted this so that others on the list at Maplecrest can are aware.

Randy,

Do you think this could warrant changing the title of the thread to mention something about the Maplecrest top 10 orders to alert potential customers of ordering "mishaps" and liberties taken?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Doesnt seem to smart sticking everyone with LSS etc....in fact none of it makes sense to me.

Not to rub salt in wounds but all I can say when I read these threads is THANK GOD for Lotus of Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: Latest from my dealer....

Cale said:
Spoke to my dealer yesterday, and he stated that (1) my Elise (in the first ten) ordered with the Sport Package and hard top will come with the touring package. All early models will have the touring package.

(2) LSD will not be offered on this year's model. According to the person that my dealer spoke with at LCUSA, (paraphrased) "The Elise stays so well planted on the road that LSD is only needed in slippery (e.g. snowy) conditions. We do not know if we will ever offer LSD on the Elise".

Any similar experiences or thoughts?
As I have posted here before, my dealer went out of his way to dispell the LSD rumour. He said it would definitely not be offered on the 2005 Elise and would most likely never be offered in the USA. The information that has been previously posted about LSD being offered on the US Elise is false.

Please don't take my word for it, call your dealer or better still LCUSA if your dealer is not very knowledgeable. They will confirm what I have been told.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: Re: Latest from my dealer....

Derek said:
As I have posted here before, my dealer went out of his way to dispell the LSD rumour. He said it would definitely not be offered on the 2005 Elise and would most likely never be offered in the USA. The information that has been previously posted about LSD being offered on the US Elise is false.

Please don't take my word for it, call your dealer or better still LCUSA if your dealer is not very knowledgeable. They will confirm what I have been told.

Derek,

I heard the exact same regarding LSD.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Re: Re: Latest from my dealer....

Derek said:

And as I have posted, the dealers are wrong and as seen in almost everything else that has been posted here, they are often out of the loop.

Let's take a theoretical scenario. Suppose Lotus said early on that LSD is not needed in the cars and would not be offered period. In fact, that is not supposition, that is what they said. I personally was told that.

Okay, so let's assume that this was relayed to the dealers..or somehow the dealers learned this. Fine.

Not, what if a couple of decision makers at Lotus reconsidered this stance, based on information from SCCA and a few people in the know? What if those people at Hethel decided to do some more investigation on LSDs and made that decision in the last month.

Let's suppose that they were investigating various types of LSDs and things like cost. And let's suppose that they think they can make this happen sometime this year, but it's not going to be on the first cars.

WHY WOULD THEY TELL THE DEALERS??? And if they have not bothered to let the dealers in on their development process and the fact that sometime this year there WILL be an LSD... why would you expect the dealers to be telling you anything different from what they know?

To make this clearer... when Hethel agreed to offer Chrome Orange based on the requests of the COM, did they tell all the dealers right away? No... and if you had called your dealer and said "I want Chrome Orange"... the answer would be, "it's not being offered!"

BUT IT IS....

I hope that is clear enough. I really have no problem with speculation. :) But this is based on some real data, some of which I am not at liberty to discuss any more than general theories and possibilities. But I can say, we should be getting an optional LSD that can be put into the 2005 Elise. At some time.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
How does a Maplecrest thread about ordering irregularties get bastardized and thread-jacked into something about LSD that was IMHO already resolved? Thanks Derek ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
huggy bear said:
How does a Maplecrest thread about ordering irregularties get bastardized and thread-jacked into something about LSD that was IMHO already resolved? Thanks Derek ;)
Can you read? Cale's point (2) mentions LSD not being available.
You clearly have it out for me, why don't you just chill.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Latest from my dealer....

Randy Chase said:
And as I have posted, the dealers are wrong and as seen in almost everything else that has been posted here, they are often out of the loop.

Let's take a theoretical scenario. Suppose Lotus said early on that LSD is not needed in the cars and would not be offered period. In fact, that is not supposition, that is what they said. I personally was told that.

Okay, so let's assume that this was relayed to the dealers..or somehow the dealers learned this. Fine.

Not, what if a couple of decision makers at Lotus reconsidered this stance, based on information from SCCA and a few people in the know? What if those people at Hethel decided to do some more investigation on LSDs and made that decision in the last month.

Let's suppose that they were investigating various types of LSDs and things like cost. And let's suppose that they think they can make this happen sometime this year, but it's not going to be on the first cars.

WHY WOULD THEY TELL THE DEALERS??? And if they have not bothered to let the dealers in on their development process and the fact that sometime this year there WILL be an LSD... why would you expect the dealers to be telling you anything different from what they know?

To make this clearer... when Hethel agreed to offer Chrome Orange based on the requests of the COM, did they tell all the dealers right away? No... and if you had called your dealer and said "I want Chrome Orange"... the answer would be, "it's not being offered!"

BUT IT IS....

I hope that is clear enough. I really have no problem with speculation. :) But this is based on some real data, some of which I am not at liberty to discuss any more than general theories and possibilities. But I can say, we should be getting an optional LSD that can be put into the 2005 Elise. At some time.
Randy,

I never mentioned LSD to my dealer. He mentioned it to me and he said he wanted to make the point to dispel the rumor. He will get the US show car this week and has been in contact with LCUSA. So I think it is OK to believe what he is telling me.

Anything is possible, but I have heard zero news from any official sources at Lotus to confirm LSD as an option. The only thing I've seen is a post form someone going by BTC and that news was his very first post. I will believe it when I see confirmation from Lotus.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest from my dealer....

Derek said:
Randy,

I never mentioned LSD to my dealer. He mentioned it to me and he said he wanted to make the point to dispel the rumor. He will get the US show car this week and has been in contact with LCUSA. So I think it is OK to believe what he is telling me.

Anything is possible, but I have heard zero news from any official sources at Lotus to confirm LSD as an option. The only thing I've seen is a post form someone going by BTC and that news was his very first post. I will believe it when I see confirmation from Lotus.
Fine. I have closer sources than that, but that is all I can say.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Derek said:
Can you read? Cale's point (2) mentions LSD not being available.
You clearly have it out for me, why don't you just chill.
Didn't mean to jump on you, but IMO I believe the LSD option is done with and pretty much a ALMOST certain thing. I don't have it out for you. My appolgies. I can read but comprension has been difficult since the accident. LOL

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
huggy bear said:
Didn't mean to jump on you, but IMO I believe the LSD option is done with and pretty much a ALMOST certain thing. I don't have it out for you. My appolgies. I can read but comprension has been difficult since the accident. LOL
Huggy, No problem... Powering down phase canons:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't think its only the top 10 at Maplecrest...I'm #15 and the car will "automatically" be loaded. I don't mind, I wanted everything anyway. But EVERYONE on the list at Maplecrest better look into it. From what I understood, all the cars (50 or so) would come loaded.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts