The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna take bets on when the cars get here?

I was hoping for late March so I can HAVE THE CAR FOR AUTOCROSS SEASON..are you listening LOTUS?? :)

However I think its going to be later... Im hoping April..... June would kill me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you bring the elise to any of the SE Divisional events, I'd do backflips for a quick ride after the autocross. :D I'm still going back and forth between getting one and keeping my s2k. :eek:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Wanna take bets on when the cars get here?

I was hoping for late March so I can HAVE THE CAR FOR AUTOCROSS SEASON..are you listening LOTUS?? :)

However I think its going to be later... Im hoping April..... June would kill me.
The pessimist in me thinks June, figure the April dealer demo cars will actually make it here late April early May. First allocation late May early June'ish.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My guess is also June. I'm #9 on my list and that has been the date in my head. Of course I'll take it sooner if I can.

Funny, this is one bet I hope I lose:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
how about a poll on when the cars arrive?

How about a poll, Mr. Admin??? If it worked for the Defense Advanced Research Agency (ooops then again...).

Curious what the consensus would be ....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If they say May now, I would be very surprised if it was any earlier than that. Might be best to expect June, and be positively surprised if you really do get it in May!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
There's not much reason to question delivery at this point. Lotus is asking for the first orders right now, and they're building a car that is very, very similar to what they've been building for years now. They know how long it takes to build, and experience with the Esprit tells them how long it'll take to transport the cars here. At this point, the only uncertainty should be supplier ramp-up and Federal approvals. I expect the cars in May, exactly when will depend on where in the US the car is going to.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
adamant said:
Manufacture starts in March. You REALLY think you will see the car in May?
I'm just hoping mine makes it by June:(
why do you think it would take more than 2 months from SOP to delivery?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
According to Lotus folks, manufacturing is scheduled to begin in May, first delivery end of May.

If you are at the top of the list, live on the east coast and feel very lucky, you may get your car at the end of May. I'm betting early June.

I neglected to ask why they are waiting until May to start production. Perhaps somebody else will check on this.

I probably will be going to the show again on Wednesday or Thursday to get another Elise fix. It only cost me $7 to get in (senior discount!!) and it's 5 minutes from work, so no excuse not to do so. If nobody else finds out, I will ask.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Having bought a Lotus before, I will be pleasently surprised to see my car (I am number 3 at one of the original Lotus dealers) in 2004! Anything before December is upside!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts