The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the info on Autoweek.com today, is it too early to put down a deposit on the Exige?

You are one of the most knowledgeable and up-to-date dealers.

What do you think?

TIA

·
Registered
758 Posts
I sold my Corvette Coupe for a Z06 when it became available. I've always regretted that decision ever since.

With the LSS package, the minute performance improvement over the Elise isn't worth the loss of the ability to remove the top.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Joecooool:

Why did you regret getting rid of the C5 coupe for the Z06? I too had a 2002 C5 Coupe and traded for a 2003 Z06 and loved it.

Was hoping to get the Elise now but it just won't fit me. And wishful thinking that perhaps the Exige will have better pedal spacing and possibly easier egress/ingress.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Some prefer the Elise, others prefer the Exige. It all depends on what you want your car to say; 'Look at me I'm a racer. GGrrrrrr!', or 'Look at me, I'm dead sexy. MMMmmmmm!".

·
Registered
587 Posts
Joecooool said:

With the LSS package, the minute performance improvement over the Elise isn't worth the loss of the ability to remove the top.
I thought you could remove the top. I would make the same argument for different reasons, namely cost and wait (if it becomes available).

- John

·
Registered
758 Posts
Z0650TH said:
Joecooool:

Why did you regret getting rid of the C5 coupe for the Z06? I too had a 2002 C5 Coupe and traded for a 2003 Z06 and loved it.

Was hoping to get the Elise now but it just won't fit me. And wishful thinking that perhaps the Exige will have better pedal spacing and possibly easier egress/ingress.
Because I missed cruising with the top off. I missed it so much I bought a new Miata for days when the weather was nice.

As much money as I spent modifying my Z06, I could have made the Coupe just as fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts