The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/hb/hb0577f.pdf

It looks like we fall into the category of:

• IF A VEHICLE FOR WHICH TWO REGISTRATION PLATES ARE REQUIRED WAS MANUFACTURED WITHOUT A MEANS TO SECURE AND DISPLAY A 2 HOUSE BILL 577

[*]1 FRONT REGISTRATION PLATE, THE FRONT PLATE MAY BE STORED INSIDE THE VEHICLE IN A MANNER THAT MAKES THE PLATE EASILY ACCESSIBLE FOR VERIFICATION UNDER SUBSECTION (I) OF THIS SECTION.

[*] (1) It is the duty of every police officer to report to the Administration all vehicles operated in violation of this section.

[*] (2) The Administration shall verify whether the owner of a reported vehicle has complied with this section.

Has anyone had to deal with this yet? Just curious. I've had a total of 3 front plate tickets, all within a span of 3 months back in 2010.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Great law. Sounds like front plate tickets will be difficult to issue/enforce now.

I hope that law comes to Ontario.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Makes WAY too much sense for those idiots in Annapolis to have passed this.

Have to look into this. Gotta say though, I've been pulled over twice in the elise and never had anyone say a thing about no front tag.

I haven't had one on the car since I got it in '05.

Now, I'll probably get one going to Cars and Coffee tomorrow.

Jim

·
Registered
179 Posts
So after doing a little research, this bill was from 2013 and never passed.

Maybe if we can sponsor a bill to pay $100 more for one plate instead of two, that might attract some more attention from Annapolis.

We can call it a 'No Front Tag Users Fee'.rotfl

Jim

·
Registered
226 Posts
22,000 miles on Maryland roads, never had a front plate, never pulled over (for that, anyway).

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
When that bill was being considered, I contacted my state reps about. All three voted against as they heavily weighed law enforcement's testimony against it.

I was told that law enforcement testified two tags helps them locate and recover stolen cars.:facepalm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Moved here in September and the local police in Middletown are pretty adamant about this one. I started driving out of my way to avoid their usual locations. I put a tow hook license plate mount on the front of the car this weekend but it looks so terrible I don't know how long I'll put up with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts