The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all know about the Maserati GranSport? I've liked them since they came out.

I'm considering doing a 2 for 1 car swap. Maybe unload the Exige and the Cooper S for a GranSport. I'd use my wife's BMW as my daily driver and then trade the Land Rover in for a new Honda Pilot (she wants one).

Is this a decent move? I'd still have a fun weekend car ... but one with a back seats for a child.

What do I need to know before I think more about the Maser?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might just wait for them to drop another $20k ... then pick one up.

Not sure.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
why anyone below Bill Gates buys a car new is beyond me. Wait a couple years... Better yet, buy a 575 M Marranello for the same price.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I saw a guy in a Gran Sport, and I gave him a wave, and he snubbed me, and my Lotus!

Im gonna run that bastard off the road next time i see him.

:huh: "huh, there he is!"

:shift: "peel out to get in front of him, and then slam on the brakes!"

:coolnana: "Oh S#!T he went off the road!!!!"

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I've been drooling over the new GT. :drool:Been tempted to trade up myself. They seem fairly reasonable just around 100k. Trying to resist as Maseratis are not known to hold their values. I've heard horror stories about 2006 and earlier models. Services issues. But great deals to be had.

This one even matches the current dark blue stable. ;)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
resale? its cool to have good resale value but if you enjoy the car, IMO that ish dont matter...its only money

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
I've been drooling over the new GT. :drool:Been tempted to trade up myself. They seem fairly reasonable just around 100k. Trying to resist as Maseratis are not known to hold their values. I've heard horror stories about 2006 and earlier models. Services issues. But great deals to be had.

This one even matches the current dark blue stable. ;)
Thanks for the photo - it is a stunning car!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
this fits in the thread more appropriately Gran Sport

-poke--poke--poke--poke--poke--poke--poke--poke--poke--poke-

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Oh, GranSport, not Turismo, sorry. I heard other than Ferrari like maintaince cost that the manual ones are great. Paddle shift is a no-no! So if you like it more than the Exige; by all means. But I wouldn't... you don't seam to be too crazy about the Lotus...??? I remember seeing it up for sale on cars.com.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the Lotus. I just have an itch for things Italian. I also have the desire to have a cool weekend car that I can take a drive in with the wife and child. That's why I toyed with selling it before. I want to share the fun with my son. That's all.

I'm not making any car moves in the near future. I can see myself getting a GranSport in a couple of years ... maybe without having to give up anything else. For now, I can wait.

and yes -- I am interested in the GranSport .. NOT the GranTurismo. I'd have to have a red one with a manual transmission, low miles, and documented service history.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ferrari maintenance costs and Ford Probe looks, not a good combination

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Ah yes one of the new Maseratis would be nice.

You could skip the maintenance headaches and get a Lotus M100.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ferrari maintenance costs and Ford Probe looks, not a good combination
Maybe I should just buy another motorcycle. Does Ducati make one with a side-car?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I love the Lotus. I just have an itch for things Italian. I also have the desire to have a cool weekend car that I can take a drive in with the wife and child. That's why I toyed with selling it before. I want to share the fun with my son. That's all....

...and yes -- I am interested in the GranSport .. NOT the GranTurismo. I'd have to have a red one with a manual transmission, low miles, and documented service history.
for the above reason, if I had a wife and kids, and i rarely hit the track events, i too would highly consider a nice clean RED Gransport!!! (with in your means and reasons) i would really sell the Lotus and get the Gransport!!!

and if you are serious here are a few i found
eBay Motors: Maserati (item 150292951244 end time Sep-30-08 13:25:30 PDT)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts