The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone be interested in drive next Saturday the 26th or something?
maybe we could adress techical problems change oil whatever,or just do a drive in the North Shore,Gloucester rt 128 or to Newburyport up 95.

there hasnt been any getogether from what i gather so far this year,and i'm a new elise owner who likes to drive...

·
Registered
354 Posts
NELLI's first official event of the year will be a tour of eastern Connecticut on Sunday April 27th.

We will meet at 10:00 am in Sturbridge, MA in the parking lot of Rom's Restaurant located on Rt. 131S about one mile south of Rt. 20 on the right. From there we will take 131 south to Southbridge and catch Rt. 169 off to the right just past the center of town.

We will cruise down scenic Rt. 169 until we get to Norwich. In Norwich we will head east on Rt. 82 and visit Gillette Castle State Park. The castle itself does not open until memorial Day but I am told the scenic vistas are terrific. After the stop at the castle we will continue on 82 for a short distance until we get to East Haddam where we will stop for lunch at the Gelston House (plenty of parking behind). http://www.gelstonhouse.com/

After lunch we will start the trek back to Sturbridge taking Rt. 149 north to Rt. 2 west to Rt. 66 north joining onto Rt. 6 east to Rt. 198 north which will get us back to Southbridge, MA. Taking 131 north will get us back to Sturbridge where one can catch either Rt. 84 or Rt. 90.

For those who have not had enough and would like to sample some local suds we could proceed to the Pioneer Brewing Company in nearby Fiskdale. http://www.hylandbrew.com

Those planning to attend please e-mail to let me know so we don't leave without you. Please let me know before Wednesday the 23rd so that lunch reservations can be made.

Mark Michalski
President

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
NELLI's first official event of the year will be a tour of eastern Connecticut on Sunday April 27th.

We will meet at 10:00 am in Sturbridge, MA in the parking lot of Rom's Restaurant located on Rt. 131S about one mile south of Rt. 20 on the right. From there we will take 131 south to Southbridge and catch Rt. 169 off to the right just past the center of town.

We will cruise down scenic Rt. 169 until we get to Norwich. In Norwich we will head east on Rt. 82 and visit Gillette Castle State Park. The castle itself does not open until memorial Day but I am told the scenic vistas are terrific. After the stop at the castle we will continue on 82 for a short distance until we get to East Haddam where we will stop for lunch at the Gelston House (plenty of parking behind). http://www.gelstonhouse.com/

After lunch we will start the trek back to Sturbridge taking Rt. 149 north to Rt. 2 west to Rt. 66 north joining onto Rt. 6 east to Rt. 198 north which will get us back to Southbridge, MA. Taking 131 north will get us back to Sturbridge where one can catch either Rt. 84 or Rt. 90.

For those who have not had enough and would like to sample some local suds we could proceed to the Pioneer Brewing Company in nearby Fiskdale. http://www.hylandbrew.com

Those planning to attend please e-mail to let me know so we don't leave without you. Please let me know before Wednesday the 23rd so that lunch reservations can be made.

Mark Michalski
President
Anything planned for the Newburyport, Gloucester, southern NH.....closer to my part of town?

Thanks,

2006 Elise Sport #46

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weather permitting i'm suggesting
a. atrip up 95 to newburyport to eat at the Black Cow restaurant by the docks,with a drive to plum island or something http://www.blackcowrestaurants.com/

or b.a drive up 128 to gloucester eat at the Causeway(best fish place )http://www.capeannweb.com/menus/causeway.htm and a drive to Rockport maybe.

all Lotus owners welcome-let me know who'd like to attend

·
Registered
291 Posts
Probably won't be able to make the CT event, but I'm up for coastal run.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I might be up for it if it doesn't coincde with NELLI's drive. If you can, post updates here as they arise. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
bump.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
any of you guy fimiliar with northern vt? any fun road up there?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
As of now, I have not had a chance go head up there. However, I think NELLI or some group like that drives VT sometime during the summer. Also, my uncle is a motorcycle junkie who lives in VT, and he has offered to take me and whoever out on some primo driving roads once I get up there. I'd keep checking back and poking around this section as things develop. VT would be a great place to drive through, I'd think.

ALSO: How are things looking for Saturday? Anybody up for a coastal drive? :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Jeff and I tend to plan events north of Massachusetts. Last year's all-day VT, ME, and NH events went very well. Lots of great driving.

Central VT has Route 17. It's considered one of the best driving roads in VT. Many compare it to the Dragon, very twisty with no intersections. The last time we drove it as a group was on the NELLI/NSX-Prime Bove's Blast in 2005.

Much of Northern VT is dirt roads. (The Subie guys love it. High speed limits on those roads, too.) The rest of VT has a lot of dirt roads as well, so plan carefully.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
So I take it there's no Gloucester run tomorrow? :shrug:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lotus Gathering?

Would there be any interest in having a gathering at Synaptic 3 Engineering in Candia, NH? We are a new advertiser here on the LotusTalk forum. We would be more then happy to host an event, please check us out on the web as we have done quite a bit of custom work on the Elise. One of our customers will have his Elise at Hot Import Nights this Saturday night. Last year we took home best exotic of show and best VIP coupe with this same car.

Best Regards,
Dana

would anyone be interested in drive next Saturday the 26th or something?
maybe we could adress techical problems change oil whatever,or just do a drive in the North Shore,Gloucester rt 128 or to Newburyport up 95.

there hasnt been any getogether from what i gather so far this year,and i'm a new elise owner who likes to drive...

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'd love to come! Gloucester is my old hometown. The 127/127-A Loop through Annisquam out to Rockport and back would be a blast, with us all ending of course on the Causeway (Stacey Boulevard), Stage Fort, or by the M-A-W. Gawd, I miss that area.

Of course though, I am always REQUIRED 2 spins around Grant Circle whenever I visit. After all, it is my grandfathers memorial. Yup, I am a longing, and long-time yet unfortuantely now TRANSPLANTED native.

133 Essex run to Woodman's to eat-in-the-ruff, or Farnhams for the BEST big juicy box of full-bellied (and not "strips") fried clams could easliy entice me back up ....even at a moments notice as well. Seriously.

Let me know if/when you will be doing this, and I may just "saddle-up" an make the trip! :coolnana:

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Would there be any interest in having a gathering at Synaptic 3 Engineering in Candia, NH? We are a new advertiser here on the LotusTalk forum. We would be more then happy to host an event, please check us out on the web as we have done quite a bit of custom work on the Elise. One of our customers will have his Elise at Hot Import Nights this Saturday night. Last year we took home best exotic of show and best VIP coupe with this same car.

Best Regards,
Dana
We've been talking about a tech session and could use a lift . . . we may end up more towards Worcester regardless.

BTW, my friend Mike (modded 2.0 WRX) told me about the Elise. I've been meaning to come up and check your place out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'd love to come! Gloucester is my old hometown. The 127/127-A Loop through Annisquam out to Rockport and back would be a blast, with us all ending of course on the Causeway (Stacey Boulevard), Stage Fort, or by the M-A-W. Gawd, I miss that area.

Cheers,
-Grant
Boy this brings ups memories. I grew up and lived in the Boston area until about 25. Used to love Route 127, through Beverly, Pride's Crossing, Manchester, to Gloucester!

·
Registered
90 Posts

Best Regards,
Dana
Please keep me informed on any developing plans

·
Registered
773 Posts
Boy this brings ups memories. I grew up and lived in the Boston area until about 25. Used to love Route 127, through Beverly, Pride's Crossing, Manchester, to Gloucester!
You forgot Beverly Farms and Montserratt! :rolleyes:

Yeah, you never know how good you have it, until you leave/you don't! :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts