The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some muscle-aches from working out and thinking about getting a massage. I've never got one before at professional massage place before. I know there are lots of shady places, and how do I know it's a legit place? I don't want to spend a fortune going to the high-end spas, just one of those massage places I see in stripmalls.

I've found one near my house by on Google, and it kinda sounded funny -- they called their therapists (girls) and what the hell is a "table shower"?

Also should I get for general muscle relaxation? Swedish? Deep Tissue? Also how much do I tip? 15%? 20%?

I just want to have a relaxing massage without getting arrested. :)

If you guys have any place to recommend in the L.A./Valley/Inland areas, please let me know.

This is what I've found.

Services
Swedish Massage
Deep Tissue
Shiatsu Massage
Reflexology
Acupressure
Relaxation Stress Relief
Pain Management

30 Minutes $40
45 Minutes $50
60 Minutes $60
90 Minutes $90
120 Minutes $120
45 Minutes (Two Girls) $100
15 Minutes (TABLE SHOWER) $20
* Above price not including tips

·
Registered
693 Posts
Price sound about right for 1 hour. Actually it's priced pretty competitively.

For a relaxing style, go with the Swedish. It's more soothing and long body strokes with oil or powder.

I personally prefer more pressure so I go with the Acupressure or Deep Tissue if I'm paying for it. I could have my wife give me a swedish and save my money.

If they do a good job, meaning thorough (back, legs, butt, face, arms, head, feet) and the right amount of pressure, (nothing worse than a massage that is too soft) then I usually tip them $20 on a $60-$80 massage. If it sucked, I would go with a $5-$10 tip.

You will also find that if you are a repeat customer, the second massage and every massage there after will be better than the first. Once you establish a relationship with your masseuse, she will feel more comfortable around you also.

Ask them what areas they will massage before they start so you won't be disappointed. You can also have them concentrate on one area if you desire, so don't feel you're are at the mercy of the masseuse.

Tim

·
Registered
271 Posts
Massage Envy stores are popping up all over the place and you won't get busted by the feds. Their prices are fairly low and they have packages if you want multiple massages.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I go here and its $44/hour. No fancy spa treatment facility with all the bells and whistles, just a clean facility with a lot of rooms and massage tables The therapist do not get paid from the location and they rely primarily on tips. So i usually give them a $20 tip. These are licensed therapists and are all very professional.

The Massage Place - Home

They are a franchise and have several locations in LA.

Deep tissue is good if you're are really sore and uses very heavy pressure. Note, deep tissue can really kick your ass and might feel some discomfort afterwords.

Swedish massage is good for "relaxation" and only uses moderate pressure

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the info, guys!

I love how the Google Ad now show massage related ads. :)
rotfl

I love the concept! We should create a thread that's only purpose is to fool the Google Ad engine into displaying ads completely unrelated to LotusTalk. Oh, wait... it already does that! Thank goodness for AdBlock!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Certified usually leads to a real massage. I go a couple times a year when my upper back/neck tighten up too much. There's an asian massage place around here too. I went there once last winter when I couldn't get in at my usual place. Never had a table bath offered before, bizarre. Nor a happy ending. I'm not sure why I was surprised, but I was.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Sorry, I can only help you with Korean-run jack shacks. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Craigslist/exotic section/enjoy
LOL! Are those legal? I wonder how many of those posts are setups by the law enforcement. :) Didn't you say your friend is a dancer? Does she do other services as well? ;)

* Just spend a few minutes looking at the posts on Cragslist... There are some horribly looking girls under W4M... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts