The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the Elise out for a spin, haven't had it out too much for a bit.
The brake lamp was flashing sometimes, mostly only on hard corners etc.

I popped off the cover when I got home and saw a mouse or something had chewed through the top of the brake fluid reservoir!

So looks like I have to buy a new one- it looks fairly easy to replace, has anyone done one?

I haven't bled the brakes on this car yet either, anything special because of the ABS?

I'd also be interested in someone that has a parts car they want to sell that part. I haven't checked with the dealer, but I'll bet they don't stock that.

Mark

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
get ride of the villan first - or it may become "routine maintance" and on potentially more difficult or expensive things to repair!

use the EZ bleeder (thread on here somewhere) its a little tank you fill and pump up, its a remote resevoir that pressure bleeds through the MC resevoir (you jsut crack the nipples open and it pushes through.

There are threads on ways to fire the abs - easiest way is bleed - drive, fire the abs a bunch, re-bleed. ...or just get a service center that can electroncially cycle the ABS to do the repair.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, I'm getting some poison today and maybe I'll setup a 'wheel of fortune' this eve.

I just got a message back from Newport European (thanks for the quick response!). About $70 for the reservoir and in stock in Atlanta.
So not too bad.

Might be easier just to have the dealer replace it- I have some warranty work to have done anyway. But I live a long way away from the dealer and I'm
chea--er thrifty.

I've certainly bled a ton of brakes, but have yet to mess with ABS.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts