The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’ve just change out my MC cause of soft pedal and couldn’t shift in to gears when the car is on. But when the car is off I can shift. I’m not sure at this point any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I don't think this is in the right sub-forum (this is posted in How-To; @oldmansan can you relocate?), but was the entire brake/clutch system fluid bled after replacement?

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
Hey I’ve just change out my MC cause of soft pedal and couldn’t shift in to gears when the car is on. But when the car is off I can shift. I’m not sure at this point any help would be great.
I recommend that ppl try pumping clutch pedal to see if that helps.

Why did you change the master cylinder vs slave?

Did you try bleeding first, before the new master cylinder?

Are you sure system is now properly/fully bled?

See my sig for info on air bleeding.

Evora, right? How old?

Did this get progressively worse or did it come on suddenly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did all the bleeding. Slave cylinder and all brakes. It gradually gotten worst. It happen to me once and I bleed it and it was fine for about 3 weeks and then it happened again. And this time I bleed it, it didn’t work. So I thought it would be the MC. It’s a 2011 evora.

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
Does pumping clutch pedal a few times help at all?

Next, I may tell you to remove what you need so you can see slave shaft move. Then, while under the car so you can see that, a friend should step on the clutch a few times.

Note: Shaft may initially move, but then quickly go back in, so you must carefully observe.

If shaft does recede back, look at slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
Wusabi503,

Any progress??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts