The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Is there any or throw away Master & slave ?
Lots available, JAE, SJ ETC, it's a very common kit. Be careful to check your slave and master bore for wear though as 9 times out of 10 it's the bore that's screwed requiring a sleeve or new master/slave, both of which are available and in some cases cheaper than sleeving

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Lots available, JAE, SJ ETC, it's a very common kit. Be careful to check your slave and master bore for wear though as 9 times out of 10 it's the bore that's screwed requiring a sleeve or new master/slave, both of which are available and in some cases cheaper than sleeving
JAE for sure, can be delivered by the weekend, hour for installation and your on the road!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you are going to do your clutch master there is a Wilwood drop in replacement for your Girling MC. It's identical to the Girling unit but you will want to reuse the pedal connection rod from your OEM MC.

When I replaced both my MC and slave I used the WIlwood and it is very nice - available from Summit and some other suppliers. I had my slave sleeved in bronze by Sierra Specialties, but they are now retired. There are several sleeving services available - Whitepost is one on the east coast and Karp's is one on the west coast. The other thing to bear in mind is bleeding the clutch hydraulics can be challenging. I use a Motive pressure bleeder now and it works like a charm. I have also has good luck using a MityVac. Here is a description of the Wilwood clutch MC at this website:

Wilwood High-Performance Disc Brakes - MasterCylinder No: 260-1304

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Miec - do you think its the same as the V8 MC ?
Do you think the bore is the same size?
I know you have the 4 cyl esprit....& thank u

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Pre-'98 V8's used a 5/8" bore master similar to the 4-cylinder, the .625 version listed above would be appropriate. Later cars used a very different master with no reservoir. I would recommend calling JAE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts