The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the hand-brake looks a little bare without a leather boot covering the cogs. Does anyone make a boot that will match the perforated leather on the shifter boot and seats?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I want one, too. If anything falls in there, it will probably be tough to take it out. A leather boot would also protect from dust.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Dan said:
I want one, too. If anything falls in there, it will probably be tough to take it out. A leather boot would also protect from dust.
Aren't you worried about the weight? :D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Good point! Everyone wants to add stuff to the car. I'm removing all glass and unneccessary plastics this weekend by leaving my car out in the hurricane! I'm going to have the only 1600lb sandblasted 2005 Elise. (0-60 = 4.1)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Derek said:
I think the hand-brake looks a little bare without a leather boot covering the cogs. Does anyone make a boot that will match the perforated leather on the shifter boot and seats?
I know leatherZ has done work with perforated leather in the past. They made a perforated shift boot and e-brake boot for a Z3 owner a while back

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Nathan, unfortunately that Hangar 111 part and the cf tunnel eliseparts have are for an s2. The back mounts flush to the aft bulkhead on the S2, the 111R and US cars have that pocket the shift tunnel mounts to.

I saw a full leather tunnel at LCU but don't know if it's fro the US car or not.
Chris

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have seen that full cover. I think that a cover just for the hand-brake would be better still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts