The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the the phone with cathy at matheny and she said someone offered them 10k over for the demo but said they would not sell it because
thats not the way they do business. I have been a customer of theres for some time thats why i felt good about giving them my deposit a year and a half ago. I'm # 5 on the list and should get my car withen the next 4-5 weeks.
Anyway i just wanted to clear up the demo thing.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The why'd they make Joecooool look daft at his Covette party thing ?

EDIT - Never mind :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Actually, what happened was after they told me they sold it, the guy who had agreed to buy it had his wife drive the car and she didn't like it. Then Someone at Lotus read the thread about them selling the car and now its not for sale anymore.

Thumbs up for Lotus doing the right thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
matheny demo

I was just relaying what cathy told me. i'll be talking to her again in a little while and i'll ask her about it again and see what she says.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Joecooool said:
Actually, what happened was after they told me they sold it, the guy who had agreed to buy it had his wife drive the car and she didn't like it. Then Someone at Lotus read the thread about them selling the car and now its not for sale anymore.

Thumbs up for Lotus doing the right thing.
That's not what I heard....

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i really wish that the mysterious someone at the dealership would speak up about the allocation. how many are coming, matheny? how long is #20 going to wait? #30?

give a brotha a break!!!! info, people!!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
LotusLust said:
i really wish that the mysterious someone at the dealership would speak up about the allocation. how many are coming, matheny? how long is #20 going to wait? #30?

give a brotha a break!!!! info, people!!!!
Supposedly, #20 should be around the end of this year, and #30 around March '05.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
not altogether pleasing info. let us hope it has some semblance of a connection to reality (unless it is overly pessimistic anyway)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but they just received the tracking information from Lotus for the #8 car- so it's a month off from arrival. With that in mind, I would expect a #20 slot to arrive around February '05 and #30 to come around April. Just my guess- no inside information here. If someone from Matheny told you to expect a #20 car before the new year, they're blowing sunshine up your rear.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
DOOMED PAWNS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts