The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer car #1 was delivered 7/17 Sat. To a very lucky lister. Still no demo. Bill B. was a bit frustrated as he told me that he was told end of May for the demo and now the last word is that "you should get it by the end of the month".

I spoke to Joseph looking to speak with Andy who is my salesman. I asked to get the "true" list slot, considering drop-offs. They gave me to Bill Barton (very informative and honest about speculation) Gen. Sales Mgr.. He confirmed they have lost 10 off the list. This moved my #48 to #45. Total list is only 69 currently.

The demo specs are SY/touring/hard-top. "I wanted LSS, but got a call and they said if you want this car anytime soon to drop the LSS"

A couple of quotes, I'll let speak for themselves:
He said that calling Lotus now only yields a voice message to leave a message and "Then they call you back if they feel like it"

"I expect September to have a good number of cars delivered"
"the next (option/spec.) order will probably be for 20-30 cars"
"Ultimately your car will be here when we unload it off the truck, that's as honest and informative as I can be about your car, considering the information I'm getting from Lotus"

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Interesting the number of dealerships getting customer cars first and demos later. Perhaps those are all demos that were LSS?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I've just had Silver star call me, the good news is they think the fisrt car they receive will be mine, the bad news is they don't seem to know whether they'll get it this month or not...

This is killing me. Someone knows... why doesn't my dealer know?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Steve W said:
Someone knows... why doesn't my dealer know?
I assume that is a rhetorical question?? ;)

That information is only available on a need-to-know basis.

Quit your bitching!! You are getting a car before 99% of us, so I don't have any sympathy to extend your way. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Interesting the number of dealerships getting customer cars first and demos later. Perhaps those are all demos that were LSS?
I was just thinking about that, it definitely gives credibility to the LSS delay 'rumor'

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
help me with my math. they lost 10 from their list and you MOVED UP ONLY 3 SPOTS???

guess that suggests you could move back down those 3 spots if they get premium price buyers for the other cars too

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
jml1952 said:
I assume that is a rhetorical question?? ;)

That information is only available on a need-to-know basis.

Quit your bitching!! You are getting a car before 99% of us, so I don't have any sympathy to extend your way. :rolleyes:
And my wait will have been longer than that of 99%of the people.

By the time you get your car be grateful that you will at least have a delivery date that means something.

·
Registered
604 Posts
help me with my math. they lost 10 from their list and you MOVED UP ONLY 3 SPOTS???
If seven had higher numbers, that would explain it.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
can you translate that from the english? (not john, the king's)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you mean me, I mean that my wait of 2.5 years from deposit to car is longer than the time between deposit and car for most other people.

I could put a deposit down now and hope to get the car in 1.5 years, i.e. less than 2.5 years.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i meant the math respsonse...should have quoted

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
mslpilot said:
He said that calling Lotus now only yields a voice message to leave a message and "Then they call you back if they feel like it"
Hmmm... I called LCU yesterday about something, and got right through...:confused:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Steve W said:
And my wait will have been longer than that of 99%of the people.

By the time you get your car be grateful that you will at least have a delivery date that means something.

Just jealous.

I've had my deposit in since January 2003, so it appears that it will be a little short of 2 years by the time I get mine. You win, but I feel that I've served my time.

I expect to get my car in November or December. I would gladly trade a week or two of uncertainty in the delivery date to get my car now.

I'm with Symbolic, so I will be grateful to get my car period without any more fun and games. Based on Lotus communication so far, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a firm delivery date. Would be nice if it happens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
LotusLust said:
i meant the math respsonse...should have quoted
mslpilot said: "This moved my #48 to #45. Total list is only 69 currently"

What mike was getting at was that if it was numbers 1, 2, 3, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55 that dropped off the list, 10 people would have dropped off and he would have only been able to move up 3 spots.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
jml1952 said:
Just jealous.

I've had my deposit in since January 2003, so it appears that it will be a little short of 2 years by the time I get mine. You win, but I feel that I've served my time.

I expect to get my car in November or December. I would gladly trade a week or two of uncertainty in the delivery date to get my car now.

I'm with Symbolic, so I will be grateful to get my car period without any more fun and games. Based on Lotus communication so far, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a firm delivery date. Would be nice if it happens.
I am really grateful to be getting the car this soon. The real killer is that I really believed the May/June date given at the LA auto show this time round.

We are going away to Big Sur for our aniversary the last weekend of the month, and I was sure we would have the car for that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I wish I knew how long the LSS package was going to delay my delivery. If its a few weeks ok, if its six months I'd drop the option.

Why the hell can't Lotus be honest with us??????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Joecooool said:
I wish I knew how long the LSS package was going to delay my delivery. If its a few weeks ok, if its six months I'd drop the option.

Why the hell can't Lotus be honest with us??????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
We have been told that the LSS wheel problem has been solved and is a non-issue and they are actively building LSS cars and have been for a couple weeks. These cars will be here in August that they are completing build on now. The intent is to "catch up" on these LSS cars.

From my understanding, I don't expect anyone with an LSS wait number past 10 to be impacted by the earlier problem.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Randy Chase said:
We have been told that the LSS wheel problem has been solved and is a non-issue and they are actively building LSS cars and have been for a couple weeks. These cars will be here in August that they are completing build on now. The intent is to "catch up" on these LSS cars.

Oh great.. what you're saying is that our NON-LSS cars will now be delayed while Lotus catches up on the LSS backlog. Just great. :p

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Oh great.. what you're saying is that our NON-LSS cars will now be delayed while Lotus catches up on the LSS backlog. Just great. :p
I sort of figured that was the case when my dealer told me I'd get my car in November even thought I did not have the LSS.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
HoopyFrood said:
mslpilot said: "This moved my #48 to #45. Total list is only 69 currently"

What mike was getting at was that if it was numbers 1, 2, 3, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55 that dropped off the list, 10 people would have dropped off and he would have only been able to move up 3 spots.

yeah that came to me later as i realized that in my zeal and impatience to get a car everyone dropping off had to be lower than me on the list!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts