·
Premium Member
6,773 Posts
f yea!!!!!!

Reactions: lotusquacious

·
Registered
278 Posts
He actually talks about the Evora quite regularly on his podcasts and raves about it to whichever guest is on the show. He used to annoy me a lot but I think he has calmed down and his opinions about cars in general seem very well-reasoned.

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like him and trust his appraisals, at least when they don't conflict with mine. It's hard not to notice his appreciation for the 400 if you follow him.

I'm not a baller. I don't have his experience with exotics but I've owned a couple of cars that have become later day icons and the Evora has that sort of feel, a presence strong enough to forge a future. We own brilliant whips.

You come to Lotus wondering if you're crazy. We're not crazy. I'm stoked that Farah agrees and that I (we) took a chance on it. It's been a lot of fun so far.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used to like him, but after one of his videos I quit following his stuff.

I did watch the E400 one take he did, but that was mostly for the Evora, haha!

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tye!

He is the Joe Rogan of the YouTube car dudes. That won't appeal to everybody but aside from his penchant to use profanity at every comma he generally gets it right as far as his appraisal of cars is concerned. He's interesting and animated and as I am not shocked or offended by street talk, I don't care that his language is unfiltered. Is anybody really shocked by language these days anyway?

He's a bit of a Yuppie but so are many in the high stakes car hobby regardless if they realize it or not.

·
Registered
267 Posts
thanks for the post. Great comment on the Toyota engine by Matt. It's one of the reasons why I own an Evora and an Exige. These cars will become classic because cars will become electric and auto in the future.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Tye!

He is the Joe Rogan of the YouTube car dudes. That won't appeal to everybody but aside from his penchant to use profanity at every comma he generally gets it right as far as his appraisal of cars is concerned. He's interesting and animated and as I am not shocked or offended by street talk, I don't care that his language is unfiltered. Is anybody really shocked by language these days anyway?

He's a bit of a Yuppie but so are many in the high stakes car hobby regardless if they realize it or not.
He's actually reviewed one of my old cars, liked it, then talked trash about it later. I drove his Million Mile Lexus, been to his house for a 4th of July party, the whole deal. Just seemed a bit two faced when I met him, so I stopped following.

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know him personally, something I can’t claim. It makes all the difference, of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts