The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently drove through a bit of tarmac that apparently wasn't completely dry. A few bits landed on the car in the area in front of the rear tire on the passenger side. I immediately followed the recommendation of the dealer and rinsed them off with soap and water. I have the matte black final edition and there is no clear coat on the car.

Unfortunately, rinsing off the tarmac left discolored spots on/in the paint. I am guessing this is from the oil in the tarmac. I have sinced washed the car multiple times but to no avail. Any suggestions? Anyone else have the matte black edition and have any useful tips?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Apparently you don't know all the issues with that paint and how sensitive it is. Lotus does not simply use a flat black paint - it is rubberized. Here are some helpful maintenance tips (datailing a matte black Exige) however not only will the paint not take kindly to any adverse conditions, it also will decay and deteriorate from UV. There are several of the Scura/Stealth owners who are already on their 3rd respray since 2010. Lotus made sure to exempt themselves from any responsibility by putting in the warranty language...

...due to the textured matte finish, fading or discoloration of all or part of the matte paint finish will occur and this is considered normal and is specifically excluded from any warranty given by Lotus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts