The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pictures of Lotus's with the back panel of the car around the taillights either painted black or wrapped matte black, like the look of the 360 modena.. anyone have their elise/exige like this? Is there a thread about this already? I want to see some pictures of lotus's that have had this done but I'm not sure what terminology to search for exactly.. I'm considering having that area wrapped matte black when I purchase my Exige..

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
I believe people call it a "bandit mask". I wasn't looking for it, but mine came that way. Arctic silver with matte black tail, fuel filler cap, and wheels. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1347258798.563033.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1347258836.087189.jpg I usually get quite a few positive comments at the track from the other Elise/Exige owners. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1347258884.307545.jpg
I believe this was bring your silver sports car to the gym day. Lol
And a red one that I had stumbled across. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1347259075.136153.jpg
I bought my car from a seller in L.A.
I know that Mulholland Motorsports had done the paintwork. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I think it gives a mean look to the car. One comment I tend to hear is that it looks like BatMan should be driving it. Not sure if that would be a good/bad thing for you. I think vinyl would be a good start. If you didn't care for it, just peel it off.
Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
is that your car dr. b? looks sick!!! i almost went for the bandit mask look! but anthony (the owner of the red Elise in your picture) did it first! :D

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Yes sir, it's mine. The previous owner was Pax. I believe he now owns a P-car and an Exige. BTW, have I mentioned enough times how much I love the key you designed? Thing looks awesome. Hope school is going well for you.

Retsillacm, I believe you may find some additional pics on the "Booty thread"

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28674

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Terry, your friends car looks sweet. Very clean looking as well. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1347260370.084047.jpg
I had this picture from the front in my photo library.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts