The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be purchasing my first Lotus Elise soon, what do you guys think of the color matte brown on a Lotus Elise? Either as a wrap or repaint. For some reason I've always found Matte Brown to be elegant and sexy. :) And I've never even seen Matte Brown in real life on a car.. Has anyone even put this color on an Elise that you guys know of or have seen?

·
Registered
230 Posts
So I will be purchasing my first Lotus Elise soon, what do you guys think of the color matte brown on a Lotus Elise? Either as a wrap or repaint. For some reason I've always found Matte Brown to be elegant and sexy. :) And I've never even seen Matte Brown in real life on a car.. Has anyone even put this color on an Elise that you guys know of or have seen?
Sure if you want to look like you are driving around in a high performance turd that corners great. When has brown ever been sexy unless it is made of leather? Look around your office...how many guys are wearing brown suits? Sorry dude, just trying to save you from making what I believe to be a major ****ing mistake. I also hate the color brown, so I am a bit biased.

krug

·
Registered
94 Posts
Brown Elise? Have you considered a 1973 Buick Century?

A few weeks ago, we were discussing that the Elise looks great in any color and googled different colors and found that to be true. All was going well until ....brown. This is the only brown we found and guess what - its made of hemp. So smoke this:

lotus eco elise – smoking hemp + solar sportscar - The Alternative Consumer

And to top it off, the writers of the article prove how little they know with this statement: "...the Eco Elise is still a gas guzzling sportscar at heart..."

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
My mom had a '51 Ford that was metallic brown from the factory. Within a few years of manufacture, the paint oxidized and the surface went from gloss to flat - this was some of the first metallic paint used on production vehicles. While reasonably durable in the flat condition, it looked ... unfinished.

Glen

·
Registered
389 Posts
"Of course calling it “Eco” is more than a little bit of a stretch since the Eco Elise is still a gas guzzling sportscar at heart, but it does show the industry designers pushing body construction and power systems in a positive direction. Now about that engine…"

This is an excerpt from the hemp Elise webpage which was linked above. Maybe they should have smoked a little less of the hemp when they wrote it.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
A matt brownish olive or gray would probably look awesome.
Something along those lines...

mercedes-benz-sls-amg-roadster-wallpaper-003.jpg
mercedes-benz-sls-amg-roadster-wallpaper-011.jpg

I've seen the second one in person and it looks stunning!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Brown Elise? Have you considered a 1973 Buick Century?

A few weeks ago, we were discussing that the Elise looks great in any color and googled different colors and found that to be true. All was going well until ....brown. This is the only brown we found and guess what - its made of hemp. So smoke this:

lotus eco elise – smoking hemp + solar sportscar - The Alternative Consumer

And to top it off, the writers of the article prove how little they know with this statement: "...the Eco Elise is still a gas guzzling sportscar at heart..."
who the heck is mass producing pressed hemp clams for 2005's? Too funny. And how would one repair it....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is it just me or do those seats look like weird eyeless people with big mouths?

I couldn't resist...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The copper Evora is nice! Not sure how it would look on the little elise...

Now to be fair, brown "can" look good...

Like here:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will say I don't think Matte Brown would look good on most cars, but I think if any can, a Lotus Elise would be one of them.. If you just stuck matte brown on a completely stock Elise it might not look good. But with proper cosmetic customization such as really dark tinted windows, black wheels to match, among a few other minor customizations, you could make it look really good. It looks good on the Lambos that I've seen with matte brown such as the picture above. That lambo would look even better with tinted windows to match the wheels.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
It's your car, your journey. Who gives a flip what anyone else thinks if you like it?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
But :))) still, be prepared for a lot of these jokes

Notaturd.JPG

I get the Halloween ones for our Elise plenty

·
Registered
480 Posts
Different strokes for different folks....I can't say how it's going to look, but to make sure you don't regret doing something you might not love, I would tell you to wrap it...worst case if you don't like it, you can peel it off and call it a day!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts