The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The whole thing is so sad. It’s obvious they want the big teams (especially Ferrari) out. That keeps Bernie and Max all powerful.

The budget is far too low (IMO). The cost of a team fixing their diffusers this year is almost as much as the budget for an entire season in 2010.

If this comes to pass, Formula One will be just another racing series. Certainly not the pinnacle of motorsport.

Tony George’s is a fine example to follow - how to ruin a good thing for the entire world except, possibly, for one’s self.

Too sad for words - :mad:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Shine, the way you quoted that was confusing, it looks as if I said that, which I did not. That quote was from Max Moseley.

·
Registered
658 Posts
of course not, because then Max couldn't do it!
to be fair though, Ferrari is "just" one of the teams, and Max "is" the sanctioning body. a single team in fact should not be able to dictate the rules.

Max and Bernie Not Backing Down
in fact, Max has already agreed that the 2 tiers will go away, there will just be 1 tier. FOTA has already (in the past) agreed in principle to a budget cap, so we are left with deciding the amount.

this is all probably small potatoes compared to negotiating the concorde agreement (which amounts to, what is the team vs FOM split of revenue).

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
isnt ferrari taking fota to court ?

does ferrari have a legit cliam? i mean... an agreement that fota would break if max and bernie got their way?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
This is exactly why I can't stand Ferrari, the douche bag running the show. Ferrari were a much better "team" when this clown wasn't around.

The Official Formula 1 Website

Who the F do Ferrari think they are? Fine, they can disagree with the rules and they can announce plans to exit the series. But to go to court and tell the FIA they can’t change the rules for 2010 – that’s beyond arrogance. Glad they told Ferrari to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Nobody is exiting anything. As others have stated, this is the mud sling negotiations. If Ferrari were really planning on leaving why bother trying to go to court over this?? The only answer is they really don't plan to leave, and neither do any of the other teams.

I'm gonna guess ultimately there will be a single rule and it will involve a budget cap -- all this feather fluffing is to just try to increase that cap. To pull a number out -- 150m Euros is my guess.

Rob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts