The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I guess we'll see Jean Todt heading the FIA sooner than we thought.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Personally, as long as all parties are consenting, what he or you do behind closed doors is none of my business. In fact I wish I'd never heard any details of this.
On the other hand, Mr. Mosley has long deserved the axe for his bungling and damaging acts to my favorite motor sport.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Personally, as long as all parties are consenting, what he or you do behind closed doors is none of my business. In fact I wish I'd never heard any details of this.
On the other hand, Mr. Mosley has long deserved the axe for his bungling and damaging acts to my favorite motor sport.
+1 I'm not his biggest fan, but it's none of my business what he does with his private life. I'm sure that lots of big-time execs do all kinds of freaky $hit that never comes to light.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Moving.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm with Brthtaker and Icedog on this.

It hurts me to support MM - and I would love to see him out of the FIA but not for something like this. What goes on in private and doesn't hurt anyone (or animal Mr. Vick) not involved - should be no concern of others.

The News of the World (brought to you by the same people who run the famously impartial and moderate Fox news) is an appalling rag. Frequently sued by those it defames it is run by a bunch of degenerates who elevate hypocrisy to breathtaking levels.

It may be doing Mr Murdoch's dirty work here - targetting someone involved in a lawsuit against a sister paper (it wouldn't be the first time).

Assuming the whole thing is genuine - which is not yet certain - the "Nazi" angle would indeed be disturbing - but an analysis of the article reveals no overt "Nazi" behaviour and the "author" is careful to use phrases like "Nazi-style" to suggest something that isn't part of the story.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The Times is another Murdoch Paper.
It's their Sunday version that was being sued.
It used to be THE authoratitive newspaper - now, following purchase by Mr. Murdoch, it's a tabloid in disguise.

The use of "Nazi-style" and soliciting quotes from the Holocaust Educational Trust - not to mention the stunning fact that Stirling Moss's Dad was Jewish.... shows how far it's fallen from any pretense of journalistic integrity.

So - FIA sues Sunday Times.
News of the World (nicknamed in the UK "News of the Screws") sets up MM.
Without any evidence they include language to suggest "Nazi" issues.
The sister paper being sued immediately takes up the story (including falacious "Nazi" innuendo).
Classic journalistic sleaze.

Interestingly - the other UK newspapers haven't touched the story - and neither has the BBC.... yet.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Given his family history he has chosen his kink poorly...:thwack:

I don't see how he can stay:shift:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
rotfl OMG!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts