The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm visiting some MR2 friends down there, among them, Tony Grasso, a fellow hardcore Lotus enthusiast. He was an '89 Esprit Turbo. Anyone down in the Peoria area want to meet that first w/e of May? Post in this thread, or PM me for contact info. Would love to meet some new Lotus owners...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Peoria, Illinois and Phoenix, Arizona? As they say on Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the other". :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peoria is near Phoenix, about 15 minutes away. I'm looking for people in that area.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Peoria, Illinois and Phoenix, Arizona? As they say on Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the other". :)
Just for you, Moto.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwF9U9tbXN8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwF9U9tbXN8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm visiting some MR2 friends down there, among them, Tony Grasso, a fellow hardcore Lotus enthusiast. He was an '89 Esprit Turbo. Anyone down in the Peoria area want to meet that first w/e of May? Post in this thread, or PM me for contact info. Would love to meet some new Lotus owners...
Where are you driving from? We've got a good collection of Lotus here in the Phoenix area. I'm sure that something could be arranged.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not driving, I'm flying from Buffalo. That w/e there though I will be driving a 1992 CR Toyota MR2. Tony has his 89 Esprit Turbo. I'd love to make arrangements to meet up with some of you guys. One of my favorite things about being a Lotus guy is when I go out of town to a new place, and get to meet new owners.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There may be an AutoX event that weekend, several of the local Lotus owners participate.

Might be... something to do (see)

:shift:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I did the auto-x, I'd have to do it in my buddy's 92' MR2. I would have no problem with that, haha. Where's the auto-x? I'll let him know, maybe we can get reg. for it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still working on finding out about that Auto-X. Will also have some MR2 guys meeting up with us. Come on guys, get on board, let's have a good time.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump, bec. the MR2 group is getting heavily involved in this...come on guys, where's the interest?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I live in Tucson, about 100 miles from Phoenix area. I used to live in the Phoenix area and know some great places to let loose on the throttle. I have no problems coming up for the day and hangin out in my Elise. As the date approaches, lets work it out.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Making some headway here, guys...

Head Count to confirm who will attend (MR2OC/LotusTalk Groups):

1) Kustomplay (MR2OC)

2) 91MRtwo (MR2OC/LotusTalk)

3) Lachrymal Cloud (MR2OC)

4) Tony Grasso (LotusTalk)

5) SharkDiver (LotusTalk)

6) turbomr21987 (MR2OC)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Possible suggestion... If you're meeting up on a Saturday, there is a meeting of all kinds of cars at the Pavilions in Scottsdale from ~4:30pm-7:30pm. Perhaps you can have a group meet somewhere and go for a drive earlier in the day, and afterward, head out and make a Lotus presence together at the gathering there; among all the exotics, collectibles, hot rods, classic, etc...:cool:
:shift:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, but there's too many people confirmed on the MR2 side to change now. One of the guys coming is a manager at the restaurant and has kind of blocked off an area for us there. Would you guys be willing to come out after? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know how far Scottsdale is from Mesa.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry, but there's too many people confirmed on the MR2 side to change now. One of the guys coming is a manager at the restaurant and has kind of blocked off an area for us there. Would you guys be willing to come out after? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know how far Scottsdale is from Mesa.

Sorry about that, I've been away.
AutoX is at:

http://www.azsolo.com

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE!

Head Count to confirm who will attend (MR2OC/LotusTalk Groups):

1) Kustomplay (MR2OC)

2) 91MRtwo (MR2OC/LotusTalk)

3) Lachrymal Cloud (MR2OC)

4) Tony Grasso (LotusTalk)

5) SharkDiver (LotusTalk)

6) turbomr21987 (mr2oc)

7) pharoh (mr2oc)

8) SnowManGT (mr2oc)/ vehicle_5 (lotustalk)

9) revea (mr2oc)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like there's more Lotus guys in this area than I thought. Too bad none of them want to come to the Monthly Meet I'm having on the 26th!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts