The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm having a BBQ at my shop in Costa Mesa and I thought I'd try to mix it up a bit and dilute the Subaru content. I'll have my Elise there and there will be at least one other Lotus ... my friend's 7.

I manufacture carbon Subaru parts and this is kind of a re-opening BBQ for my shop. So, there will be a lot of Subarus there, but don't let that discourage you. There all good people. I'll have burgers and drinks, but if you want to cook anything in particular, feel free to bring it and toss it on the fire.

Time and Date: May 4th, 12pm - dark o'clock
1374 Logan Ave, Unit E1 (the red dot)
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=1374+Logan+Ave,+Costa+Mesa,+CA+92626,+USA&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Just make sure you come to a complete stop at the corner of Logan and College. Costa Mesa PD likes to hang out there. For those of you who have been to Don's shop, I'm right down the street.

Hope to see you there ...

-Steve

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, I'll be there with Kian most likely. He told me you were back doing subie carbon parts. RS widebody I believe?
Yep ... the carbon wide body WRC kit is alive. I'll have mine out on display along with some other bits. I know Kian's going to want to see it. There's been some talk of Lotus parts as well, but I'm not the guy doing the 300RR kit ... not yet at least. :panic:

The Stig said:
ill try to make it... won't have a Lotus though. Thanks for the invite

Neil
Cool, it'd be good to see you again. You've been there before. It's the same place that Don did you oil change a while back.

Maybe we can get Lea to bring a donor Exige over from Newport European for you to drive. Hope there's no lingering effects from the accident. That was nasty.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'll try to make it as well.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yep ... the carbon wide body WRC kit is alive. I'll have mine out on display along with some other bits. I know Kian's going to want to see it. There's been some talk of Lotus parts as well, but I'm not the guy doing the 300RR kit ... not yet at least. :panic:

-Steve
cool, maybe I can convince him to bring his RS out from hiding....I doubt it though, thats a bit far of a drive to risk getting pulled over. We'll probably bring his LGT since the Exige will most likely be out of commission at the time.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Summer...BBQ...Costa Mesa...carbon car parts..."What are things I love for $200 Alex"
Say no more! :up:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will try and be there with the usual suspects
I guess carpool in the Elan is out then :rolleyes:

Murix said:
I will try to join with some of my Subie friends.
If it's anything like the previous BBQ's there will be tons of them.

LBC111 said:
I'll try to make it as well.
The more the merrier ... I'm trying to offset the Subies.

ZJChaser said:
cool, maybe I can convince him to bring his RS out from hiding....I doubt it though, thats a bit far of a drive to risk getting pulled over. We'll probably bring his LGT since the Exige will most likely be out of commission at the time.
Yeah. probably not such a good idea to bring the RS given it's past run-ins. What's up with the Exige? Supercharger???

The Stig said:
Hi Steve
I would be happy if just Lea showed up I will hopefully be able to make it.

Neil
Well, I asked her last time I was there and she said she'd show up. I'll remind her a few hundred more times between now and the 4th. I think it's a perfect opportunity to bring a cup car or an Exige S and put it on display.

Here's a free plug ... they're doing $6000 off leftover '06s and $4000 off leftover '07s. Everyone go buy one and give Lea the commission.

esoteric said:
Summer...BBQ...Costa Mesa...carbon car parts..."What are things I love for $200 Alex"
Say no more!
Bzzzzzzz ... sorry ... you forgot to add Lotus.

I'll try to come up with something clever and carbon to give away.

andrewgotanelise said:
I'll try to make it!
Definitely try to stop by. It'll be going for a while, so drop on by, say hi and grab a burger.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'll try to stop by also...sounds like fun!
Is that downtown laguna beach? maybe we've been over this before hah but where at? I live in monarch bay where pch and crown valley meet. Hopefully ill see you there or we could cruise up together.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Is that downtown laguna beach? maybe we've been over this before hah but where at? I live in monarch bay where pch and crown valley meet. Hopefully ill see you there or we could cruise up together.
I'd love to live in Laguna Beach - I'm in Strong Beach, wrong beach, uh, I mean Long Beach !! Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I will go I suppose. Gives me a reason to drive the Exige hah. Andrew, I live off the 133, I can meet up with you and cruise up if you'd like.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are no really good roads around my shop, but BBQ and good people ... plus a bunch of Maseratis and an F40 around the corner if you get bored.

Hope all of you will stop by. :nanner2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts