Full Course Event

Who is in? I will be instructing.

Dave

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh hey, cool!

I am trying to decide... Do I get Hoosiers and beg someone to haul them to and from the track for me, or do I get A048 or R888 tires and drive to and from the track on them.

Tough decisions!

I would do the trek on the Hoosiers to Summit, but VIR? Uh... I think it would be a bad idea.

I get Hoosiers for less than the others, so it is a very difficult decission for me.

See you there!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh hey, cool!

I am trying to decide... Do I get Hoosiers and beg someone to haul them to and from the track for me, or do I get A048 or R888 tires and drive to and from the track on them.

Tough decisions!

I would do the trek on the Hoosiers to Summit, but VIR? Uh... I think it would be a bad idea.

I get Hoosiers for less than the others, so it is a very difficult decission for me.

See you there!

Hey Dave,

Tough question.... If you live near me (Raleigh), I can haul them for you. Driving on them to the event... not so sure about that one...

FYI - I asked Dave Nugent if I could get you as an instructor (hope you don't mind). Haven't heard back from him yet, but I figured it would be nice to ride with someone who has a similar car. I'll be in one of the intermediate groups.

- Reg

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Dave,

Tough question.... If you live near me (Raleigh), I can haul them for you. Driving on them to the event... not so sure about that one...

FYI - I asked Dave Nugent if I could get you as an instructor (hope you don't mind). Haven't heard back from him yet, but I figured it would be nice to ride with someone who has a similar car. I'll be in one of the intermediate groups.

- Reg
I am in MD next to Criswell. Thanks though!

About instructing, SURE! Believe it or not, the way I see it, seat time is seat time, on the left or right side of the car. Although I have only had this car since September, I have been to/on VIR enough to get you around and maybe even teach you a thing or two (while you teach me a thing or two.)

Hope Nugent lets it happen!

Dave

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will be there. yellow Elise with silver stripes. Novice group.

I believe I ran into you at the June event. I made the boo boo of parking in your space in the paddock.

May I request you as an instructor as well? I think I would learn so much more from a teacher who knows these cars or cars of this type.

I am also there for the event on the 28th and 29th with Trackdaze, so I will be there 4 days straight.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I am in!! will be there - staying track side, the Elise will be at home in san diego however :panic:

·
Registered
183 Posts
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a CEL just now, one week before I am set to leave for 4 days at VIR! I was planning to work on the car this weekend to do last minute preparations and now i gotta take it to the dealer and hope they can take it in and turn it around quickly.

I am dreading being told that they need a part thats on back order.

damnit!!

:mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a CEL just now, one week before I am set to leave for 4 days at VIR! I was planning to work on the car this weekend to do last minute preparations and now i gotta take it to the dealer and hope they can take it in and turn it around quickly.

I am dreading being told that they need a part thats on back order.

damnit!!

:mad:
Man, is it just me or have there been a lot of guys posting things about CEL's over the past couple of days? Hope yours is nothing big. I'm not sure where you're going to take yours, but the guys at Lotus of Durham do what they can if you've got an event coming up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Euroclassics took it right in and it was just the code for the fuel system evaporation due to loose gas cap.

I did remove and reinstall the cap 4 times last night and I filled up this am, but the light didn't clear. I hope it was a malfunction and not a design decision that a loose gas cap needs a dealer visit!

But oh well, I am just out the price of a rental and a 50 mile round trip and I am back on for VIR :D :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it is not clear when we get to VIR, I have a scan tool and can clear your code. I am surprised they didn't clear it for you... Once the fix is made, the car has to go through all of its tests and it could take a few days/many miles to clear on its own.

Dave

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI, I felt like my cam was not switching over... took it to the shop and they are telling me everything is working as designed. I still feel like it is not, but we shal see when I go to pick it up.

If they say all is good, well, I have it on the books that I went in for a check-up. If something goes wrong, I just hope they honor the warrenty still (if it is out when something happens).

Dave

·
Registered
183 Posts
They did clear it. I got a bill for labor. They said it was a loose gas cap.

I am confused here. I removed and refit the cap 4 times, then gassed up this morning and tightened it down again, and it did not clear the light.

Does Lotus really intend for the car to go to the dealer if the cap gets loose? I was told something about how it may need three heat and cool down cycles to clear the code, but if that is true, is lotus really expecting owners to drive around with the CEL on instead of heading to the dealer?

I am out $160 in labor and car rental because the cap worked itself loose and wouldn't clear the code on being retightened by me.

Oh well, I am happy because I get to go to 4 days of HPDE, plus I can tinker with the car over the weekend, plus I found out about the dealer's one day event at VIR in september that I signed up for ($295).

See you next weekend! I think Dave hooked me up with you as my instructor!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet!

Hey, if your car is under warrenty, they should not have charged you for that. Also, you should think about trying to get them to get you a new gas cap.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is under warranty and I thought so as well about the labor, but their take was that its not Lotus's fault that the cap was loose.

I didn't complain because they took my car in first thing in the morning when I was a in crush instead of telling me to bring it in on the third thursday of 2015.

I didn't want to be ungrateful by kicking up a fuss about a bill after they helped me out.

but either way, I'm set to go!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But you still have a light on right? So they didn't fix it.

How man clicks do you do when you close the cap?

I will clear it for you next weekend either way. I still think you should try to get a new cap. I click mine until the handle is parallel (a bit of OCD, no?) certainly more than the 3 clicks the sticker says.

Still, a CEL (check engine light) under warrenty should be fixed under warrenty. BUT that is just my opinion... and why I bought my own OBDII scanner.

·
Registered
183 Posts
No they did clear the code. no more CEL.

If it happens again, I shall certainly demand a new cap under warranty because I am pretty sure I had it tight and if it was loose, it worked itself loose.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Habir, Reggiem, Fitfan, EdHahn, Davecarama, Ron (don't know his LT name) all in attendence!

The weekend was great! Great fun, and you all will be happy to know our previously mentioned LotusTalk buddies are all great drivers! I think the only Lotus offs were... erhrm... well... me... 2x :D

Once in Turn 1 (slow and easy) when I overcooked the brake zone with Habir in the car... he is heavier than I thought and I didn't compensate for the extra weight!
Once in south bend... when I was feeling good... doing about 110... ran out of track out :) oops!
No damage for me, just lots of grass in all my little nooks! What fun!

See you all at Shenendoah in a bit!

Dave

ps. as soon as I get the photography link, I'll post it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts