The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone new member here ! So I've had a few nice cars in the past but always had my eye on an exige ! Last 3 cars have been a tuned gtr running around 650bhp then went to a 991 turbo and now have a 570s who h i have only had a few months. Dont get me wrong its a great car but I dont feel myself itching to go out in it . I live in southwest England so lots of b roads and small back lanes etc , the troble with the 570 is i could drive ny favourite road just sat im 5th the whole way , never thought I would say it but its almost too fast to enjoy. Also as its only a weekend/fun car its really missing any drama and sound its just as quiet as my 991 turbo was , the only difference I had the confidence to straight pipe the porsche where as I dont in the 570s as reliability and issues etc are always on the back of my mind so too worried to mess with it . Lovely car but in short too quiet to be engaging and fun on b roads dont have confidence in it not breaking so dont want to mod and then just small things like the reverse camera is just appalling pretty much unusable, the key fob fell apart the air con is just hot its corroded an only a few years old (covered under warranty ) warranty is way too expensive too my 991 was 1800 for 2 years and year on this is pretty much 4k . So this brings me to the exige 410, would I be disappointed after coming from 991 turbo 570s ? I have no need for practicality looking for a fun engaging fast but usuable car that sounds good ha ! And servicing etc isnt like a 1000 for a oil change 馃槄 what are they like reliability wise ? Sorry for long post 馃槅

Registered
I take it you鈥檙e not in the US? We don鈥檛 have the 410 here.

Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
Hi everyone new member here ! So I've had a few nice cars in the past but always had my eye on an exige ! Last 3 cars have been a tuned gtr running around 650bhp then went to a 991 turbo and now have a 570s who h i have only had a few months. Dont get me wrong its a great car but I dont feel myself itching to go out in it . I live in southwest England so lots of b roads and small back lanes etc , the troble with the 570 is i could drive ny favourite road just sat im 5th the whole way , never thought I would say it but its almost too fast to enjoy. Also as its only a weekend/fun car its really missing any drama and sound its just as quiet as my 991 turbo was , the only difference I had the confidence to straight pipe the porsche where as I dont in the 570s as reliability and issues etc are always on the back of my mind so too worried to mess with it . Lovely car but in short too quiet to be engaging and fun on b roads dont have confidence in it not breaking so dont want to mod and then just small things like the reverse camera is just appalling pretty much unusable, the key fob fell apart the air con is just hot its corroded an only a few years old (covered under warranty ) warranty is way too expensive too my 991 was 1800 for 2 years and year on this is pretty much 4k . So this brings me to the exige 410, would I be disappointed after coming from 991 turbo 570s ? I have no need for practicality looking for a fun engaging fast but usuable car that sounds good ha ! And servicing etc isnt like a 1000 for a oil change 馃槄 what are they like reliability wise ? Sorry for long post 馃槅
the old question. Do you like to drive a fast car slow or a slow car fast? Not that a 410 is slow But it鈥檚 not a 570, I would think. I would go with the Exige but I am a little partial

Less is Better
I recommend you stop chasing power. It's clearly not what you're looking for. Powerful cars have to be deigned to be stable at the limits of their capabilities, which generally makes them less engaging at lower speeds on B roads.

Registered
I had a 2014 McLaren 12C and it's a great car, but when I was driving it, I missed the rawness of my 2005 190hp Elise. The Elise is just more fun to drive. I do think the 570s is a little more fun than the 12c, but I couldn't afford the spider version and still not like the Elise. The Elise just makes every turn fun. The mclarens are better designed for very high speeds. As far as the Exige is concerned. I'm not sure the added weight is worth it to get 410hp. I suspect the sweet spot is getting the supercharger on the 1.8L as it only adds a little weight and a lot more torque. And the engine I pretty reliable with well known potential issues. Just my 2 cents. All the listed cars are great. :) But I sold the McLaren and kept the Elise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.