The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Will work for tires
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sad I couldn't make the spirited drive this past weekend, was always fond of that route.

My consolation was seeing not 1, but 2 Mclaren F1s at Autobahn Country Club.

The silver one is chassis number 001 (3rd car built). The orange is one of 6 (including prototype) LM models.

Other cars are Mclaren's new Elva, and their new GT model.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
If I was there I would have brought both my lunch and dinner with me... so that I could just stare and stare. Apart from somewhere like Goodwood or the Woking factory itself, this is a rare, rare sighting. Very cool.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
I was lucky enough to see two of Ralph Lauren's F1s on display in Paris a few years back. I'll likely never see one again. Certainly a treat to see one in person.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Deff jelly here. Saw an F1 at Goodwood but there were Bugatti and Zonda around and hardly could focus on it. Never seen a P1

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
25 Posts
Insane to see 2 in person, including such historically significant numbers!! What’s the story? Why were they there?

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,415 Posts
Wow that is amazing to see 2 in one spot! What an honor.

Ironically, I made this video last week of the 8 McLaren F1's I've seen, but heck that spanned 16 years not 16 seconds! ;)

Reactions: Kubera

·
Will work for tires
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This wasn't part of any event and I'm honestly not sure why they were there. Best guess is the Chicago Mclaren dealer was just taking an opportunity to showcase the new Elva the the local track and brought the two F1's for the photo/publicity factor (the F1s were on dealer plates, but not sure why).

The orange LM did a lap or two on the track after I left, saw some others who were there post pictures. Wondering if the car on the track was more valuable then the track itself, lol.

Also, aF40LM in the garage in the background of this first picture as well..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
This is one of those few cars where the "never meet your heroes" rule just doesn't seem like it will apply. The Miura is another one of my "hero" cars, and I am sure it would disappoint as a car after the novelty wore off, but I'd love the chance to find out if that's the case with the F1 since I don't think it would be.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow Andy, that is incredible that you stumbled upon this. Timeless cars that no matter how much time passes and performance continues to advance, they will always be considered supercars in my book!

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
25 Posts
This wasn't part of any event and I'm honestly not sure why they were there. Best guess is the Chicago Mclaren dealer was just taking an opportunity to showcase the new Elva the the local track and brought the two F1's for the photo/publicity factor (the F1s were on dealer plates, but not sure why).

The orange LM did a lap or two on the track after I left, saw some others who were there post pictures. Wondering if the car on the track was more valuable then the track itself, lol.

Also, aF40LM in the garage in the background of this first picture as well..
Wow, the nose just barely peaking out! Totally amazing, that would be a dream if a track day to be on with such legends.
This just screams magazine article to me, very very cool!

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
267 Posts
I was sad I couldn't make the spirited drive this past weekend, was always fond of that route.

My consolation was seeing not 1, but 2 Mclaren F1s at Autobahn Country Club.

The silver one is chassis number 001 (3rd car built). The orange is one of 6 (including prototype) LM models.

Other cars are Mclaren's new Elva, and their new GT model.
Hey does that mean you are back in the area now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Will work for tires
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey does that mean you are back in the area now?
No, not permanently. Was hunkering down with some family for a while, but headed back out west soon.

If you're up for going to LOG next September then I'll see you there, I'm in SLC! Hopefully I can find a Lotus to have out there as well by then, was trying to buy an Exige this week but someone was quicker than me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts