The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 6 weeks I have been reading up and seriously thinking about getting an Exige S, for SCCA solo ASP.

I currently have a 2000 BMW Z3 Mcoupe that I run in SSM. I have alot of time and money (and love) into the car, and the only car I would ever replace the Mcoupe with would be an Exige S...absolutely BEAUTIFUL cars!

After seeing what people like Conners, Salerno, Braun, Clovis, Smart, Uyeda, Jerry Enger, etc have done in there Lotus's...I think I may jump ship at the end of this Solo season.

The move to the Exige will be different, considering my Mcoupe is making around 450hp/350rwtrq...and I can run an 18x11 with 315 Hoosier A6's in the rear, and a 18x10 with a 285 up front....But I think it maybe time to move on.

If possible I would love to meet someone in the area with an Exige S. Maybe go for a ride or take a test drive....? I would be MORE than happy to buy lunch, beer, etc...and give a ride/drive the supercharged Mcoupe. I really want to see how an Exige feels before I get rid of my car after investing so much time, money, and love.

The only dealer in the area is North of Philly, but the car doesn't have a LSD, so I'm not sure the seller would appreciate test driving it with no intention of buying it....

Lotus : Exige:eBay Motors (item 270394999810 end time May-31-09 15:30:51 PDT)

I have always felt the Mcoupe was one of the most beautiful modern cars made....but I really feel the Exige trumps it....and this comes from 20 year diehard BMW fan....rotfl

Thanks everyone

Jason Becker
25 SSM
WDCR region

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Hi Jason,

Are you on Bimmerforums, I recall seeing your MCoupe on there when I was a regular, but that was a few years ago since then I've owned a M3/PCar and now more recently have an Exige currently on it's way from CA.

If you'd like to wait till around Mid June I'm having a VF Stg 2 installed and would be happy to meet up with you. This won't give you the same feeling of an S but probably a feeling of going at warp speed.

Here's the current mod list as she stands now:

Ohlins 2way Adjustable coilovers
Blackwatch front sway bar
Recent corner balance and performance alignment with camber adjustment
Milled front stering arms
SS brakelines
RTV brace
Hawk pads
Toyo R888's
2qt Accusump
Upgraded ACT clutch
Baffled oil pan
Stage 2 Janspeed exhuast
Schroth Harnesses
Sector Harness bar
Odyssey pc680 with custom cutoff switch
Sector trunk bag
Fire extinguisher
HIDs

and some...

btw, love the E30 M3!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jason,

Are you on Bimmerforums, I recall seeing your MCoupe on there when I was a regular, but that was a few years ago since then I've owned a M3/PCar and now more recently have an Exige currently on it's way from CA.

If you'd like to wait till around Mid June I'm having a VF Stg 2 installed and would be happy to meet up with you. This won't give you the same feeling of an S but probably a feeling of going at warp speed.

Here's the current mod list as she stands now:

Ohlins 2way Adjustable coilovers
Blackwatch front sway bar
Recent corner balance and performance alignment with camber adjustment
Milled front stering arms
SS brakelines
RTV brace
Hawk pads
Toyo R888's
2qt Accusump
Upgraded ACT clutch
Baffled oil pan
Stage 2 Janspeed exhuast
Schroth Harnesses
Sector Harness bar
Odyssey pc680 with custom cutoff switch
Sector trunk bag
Fire extinguisher
HIDs

and some...

btw, love the E30 M3!

Thanks, and that would be me on Bimmerforums.

Would I ever! I can wait till mid June, BUT I am sure you are probably going nuts waiting for the car....rotfl

Where in Maryland are you? I am in Aberdeen, but would have NO problem traveling.

BTW thanks about the E30 M3...loved that car...but blew the motor. I had the rare 1988 Henna red model....they are going for twice what I paid for it back in 1993....was sad to see her go...

I am sure I am going to feel the same about the Mcoupe....

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Jason you don't understand, another 6 days is an eternity :eek: :)
I knew it was the same MCoupe, that thing looks great, love the pic with the wheel hop!

You are more than welcome to come down, I'm in Rockville, also are you a member of 6speed if not - join our crazy circle on the Mid-Atlantic region, we're planning biweekly meets between Rockville and Tysons.

Stay in touch mate!

Thanks, and that would be me on Bimmerforums.

Would I ever! I can wait till mid June, BUT I am sure you are probably going nuts waiting for the car....rotfl

Where in Maryland are you? I am in Aberdeen, but would have NO problem traveling.

BTW thanks about the E30 M3...loved that car...but blew the motor. I had the rare 1988 Henna red model....they are going for twice what I paid for it back in 1993....was sad to see her go...

I am sure I am going to feel the same about the Mcoupe....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason you don't understand, another 6 days is an eternity :eek: :)
I knew it was the same MCoupe, that thing looks great, love the pic with the wheel hop!

You are more than welcome to come down, I'm in Rockville, also are you a member of 6speed if not - join our crazy circle on the Mid-Atlantic region, we're planning biweekly meets between Rockville and Tysons.

Stay in touch mate!

Thanks again!

I will keep in touch, and good luck with the delivery.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I'd have to clear it with the wife, but I'm sure we could manage to arrange for a ride in her '07 Exige S.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Jason,

I was gonna say stop by this weekend if u're running MARRS 4, but it doesnt look like you've registered. But if you do go, stop by, I run with Chris Windsor's team - you prob know where he paddocks (altho I dont drive SSM) - my car is a SC Elise, usually right near the big white transporter... not an Exige but you may be able to get a feel anyway. Have a beer on us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd have to clear it with the wife, but I'm sure we could manage to arrange for a ride in her '07 Exige S.
WOW! Very lucky wife!

Just let me know how it goes....I would understand either way. Thanks.

Jason,

I was gonna say stop by this weekend if u're running MARRS 4, but it doesnt look like you've registered. But if you do go, stop by, I run with Chris Windsor's team - you prob know where he paddocks (altho I dont drive SSM) - my car is a SC Elise, usually right near the big white transporter... not an Exige but you may be able to get a feel anyway. Have a beer on us.
Thanks also for the offer. No I am not registered for the MARRS event, I will be at the Phillies baseball stadium this sunday ...tomorrow...

Were talking autocross correct....I think there is a MARSS group (autocross)down in VA that Mike "JR" Johnson and Rod Mcgeorge run in.

Damn don't have much time right now...on the way out...but I would have some questions about the SC Elise....

I'll check back later...

It's hard to concentrate on ANYTHING now a days except the Lotus...hope I won't be disappointed.

Thanks sooo much guys!!!!

Jason ;)

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
how patient are you?
her car is going into the shop on monday (well, probably tuesday) for some work.. I expect it will be there at least a few days, maybe a week. So if you dont mind waiting a week, I can try to arrange it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how patient are you?
her car is going into the shop on monday (well, probably tuesday) for some work.. I expect it will be there at least a few days, maybe a week. So if you dont mind waiting a week, I can try to arrange it.

Anytime that would be convient with you! I truly appreciate you helping me out. I can work around your schedule.

Anything serious, is the car ok...?

I thank you!

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts