·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes please.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Really hope the front splitter, side sills and real spoiler are somewhat compatible with our 2005-2010 federal Elise !

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the new (track only) Elise S Cup R!

Gorgeous!
It doesn't seem to have the Cup R's battery shutoff, so perhaps this is a street legal variant?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
^^^^^^ yeah me too? plus I though the look was changed a bit, that is not a bad look?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toyota stopped making the 2ZZ, but all of the Lotus cars are still Toyota powered

·
Registered
945 Posts
Are they still using Toyota engine? I thought I've read that toyota stopped supplying Lotus a while back.
No, Toyota just stopped supplying the specific 2ZZ 4-cylinder because they discontinued production of it.

New European Elise 4-cylinders use the 1ZR or supercharged version of the 2ZR Toyota engine and the 6-cyl is the 2GR.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
badass :evil:

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Those driving lights in the front have never looked good on an Elise or Exige.

San

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I have never understood why the Elise records such a slow time around the Nurburgring? Last I checked it was best by a cobalt SS. Anyone have updates on this? I'd sure like to see it punching above it's weight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have never understood why the Elise records such a slow time around the Nurburgring? Last I checked it was best by a cobalt SS. Anyone have updates on this? I'd sure like to see it punching above it's weight.
Lots of long straights.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yep, Elises accelerate pretty slowly in the triple digit range. Meanwhile 400hp family sedans are still pulling hard.

Not too relevant in the United States, good to know. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts