The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this seems to me a decent measure of ingress egress difficulty. and it would allow me to compare to the spyder. anybody know? can someone measure it at the show? just a thought

·
Registered
607 Posts
adamant said:
I think I calculated this quite a while ago, as approximately 1.5ft
OK, adamant, you had me there for awhile...! :eek:. Or is it really that? :confused::D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
18"? this ain't april 1, man. anybody have the measurement?

using what looks like 48.2 inch height from a post here, a side on photo, and a scalar i estimate about 30 inches. i will measure the height on the spyder later. might make for some yucks.

at least you have the diagonal measure due to the inset of the top to the outer edge of the sill going for you rather than the vertical measurement i approximated here. that should be good for a few more inches anyway. everybody go out and practice crawling through a 30-36 inch gap

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cerven said:
I just measured it on my monitor here at 1.268" but in another photo it's 2.7865"

that begs the obvious comeback about just what part of a photo of yourself you were measuring! but i wouldn't say such a thing. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know on an S2 but on an S1 it is just under 21". Can't imagine the S2 is that much different (frame and windshield are the same).

Suffice to say that it is a real bear getting in and out with the top up and I am only 5'9".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts